maleli VIP
Total posts: 87
07 Apr 2014 16:24

Is it possible to restrict through a subscription any or all of the following: - Just a paragraph (or any segment) of a Joomla content item? - Just a paragraph (or any segment) or a K2 element content? - Just certain K2 extra fields? - Certain areas of a Joomla template?

If so, how could I do it?

Last Modified: 10 Aug 2015

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
08 Apr 2014 06:17

maleli Just a paragraph (or any segment) of a Joomla content item?

I can do special plugin that may do this. You will insert something like

Where 1,2,3 are IDs of the plans.

Does that sounds OK?

maleli Just a paragraph (or any segment) or a K2 element content?

Above example will work with K2 HTML element too.

maleli Just certain K2 extra fields?

Only if K2 developer integrates K2 with Emerald. Or if you insert K2 field output into [PAID] tags.

maleli Certain areas of a Joomla template?

May work with the same syntax [PAID] if you insert it right into template.

I'll implement this feature and it will be available with the next update.

Sergey
08 Apr 2014 07:26

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
08 Apr 2014 12:35

Versatile... but wouldn't it be easier to restrict by J! ACL/group ? Emerald or even other extensions do assign users to groups. Then you can restrict access to ACL, which would allow to have another hierarchy/dependency inside a plan.

maleli VIP
08 Apr 2014 13:53

I can do special plugin that may do this. You will insert something like

Where 1,2,3 are IDs of the plans.

That sounds ok! I think that would help me alot with what I need.
Does it work in Emerald 8 so I can try it out before buying Emerald 9?

Only if K2 developer integrates K2 with Emerald. Or if you insert K2 field output into [PAID] tags.

Great, so I can set it up in the K2 template.

I'm guessing that will also work with Cobalt templates, right? (I know I could use PaytoAccess and Emerald restrictions but this would actually achieve what I'm looking for).

maleli VIP
08 Apr 2014 13:59

Thanks pepperstreet, I don't know if that would be simpler for what I need because I need to sell each article's hidden field sepparately, so I'd have to create many different groups to sell each article.

Sergey
08 Apr 2014 16:54

pepperstreet Versatile... but wouldn't it be easier to restrict by J! ACL/group ?

Groups will not hide part of the text or only one field in K2.

maleli Does it work in Emerald 8 so I can try it out before buying Emerald 9?

No. Emerald 8 only fixes are applied. No more new features. So ерш is only in Emerald 9.

maleli I'm guessing that will also work with Cobalt templates, right?

This will work anywhere in the text. You may even add it to Joomla template or add it to any text field of K2 or ZOO. So it you place it insiide the text it will work.

pepperstreet VIP
09 Apr 2014 01:07

Sergey Groups will not hide part of the text or only one field in K2.

Why not? What I mean is: A user can see and access a certain part, IF he belongs to a certain group. He belongs to it, as long as he has a valid/paid subscription for certain plans. If subscription ends or is not paid... he is removed from usergroup. Actually the same possibilities, plus the optional usergroup hierarchy.

In ME Membership and Emerald, "Plans" were treated like multiple groups/ACL. For sure, this was badly needed in J!15 days. And as far as i remember, the Emerald-8 concept was the same. Somewhat "autarchic".

I think, it is more useful to deal with groups/ACL nowadays. Especially in regards of other extensions. Which can work with the same access restrictions WITHOUT implementing a special Emerald plugin.

Sergey
09 Apr 2014 11:24

Let me show you an example. You write core Joomal article

Hello every one. resently I have create video for you guys!

Enjoy

This is article that will show this video only yo paid customers.

maleli VIP
09 Apr 2014 14:20

I tried this in your demo, basing it on what you posted and what was on the documentation link you sent me, and couldn't get it working. I know you said this would come out in this release but since I saw it in the documentation I thought this would already might be working with Cobalt.

When I log in as user1 I see the exact same text I enter in the HTML form. Am I doing somethign wrong?

Emerald demo Emerald demo

Sergey
09 Apr 2014 16:37

This is implemented laready but will be shipped with next release. We make realeases every Thursday. SO it means in the new version tomorrow it will be there. Right now it is only in our local Joomla instance.

pepperstreet VIP
09 Apr 2014 20:29

Sergey May work with the same syntax [PAID] if you insert it right into template.

Does it work anywhere on the page, or does it work like a regular J! content plugin?
(I have an idea for the new CB2.0 field layouts ;-) )

Sergey
10 Apr 2014 06:20

It works anywhere. Iven if you edit index.php file on the template and insert it there.

maleli VIP
10 Apr 2014 17:02

Hi, my test still doesn't work in your demo page, do I need to do anything else?

pepperstreet VIP
10 Apr 2014 17:30

Same here. No success in my local tests. No output.

maleli VIP
10 Apr 2014 22:49

:(

Sergey
11 Apr 2014 05:39

Demo server was not yet updated to latest versions. I'll do it in 1 hour.

Sergey
11 Apr 2014 06:51

Done. You may test it on demo server.

maleli VIP
11 Apr 2014 14:40

I just tested it and it does hide the content but it doesn't display it to subscribed users :(

maleli VIP
11 Apr 2014 14:43

Also, is there a way to show content ONLY to unsubscribed users, like Paytoaccess? Because there should be an optional way to inform unsubscribed users that they can subscribe to see the complete content. That message shouldn't be visible to subscribers. And it should be optional because if many parts of an article are hidden, maybe you don't want a button to display 100 times.

Sergey
11 Apr 2014 16:13

If you add "title":"This part of content restricted" you will have banner that say there is restricted content.

And acording to your screenshots user already have plan number 6 active so it will not restrict.

And yes there is some parsing problem bug. I have fixed it and updated on the demo site.