COBALT 8 - The 8th generation of Cobalt CCK is now exclusively available for free to Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.x users.
Cobalt 8 opens incredible possibilities for constructing your website, and allows you to build almost anything, among others:
- File Downloads
- Support Desks or Private Ticket Systems;
- Real Estate, Auto Markets;
- Job Boards;
- E-Commerce Product Catalogs;
- And other kinds of listings, reviews, discussions, bulletins, etc.
Cobalt 8 now features, undoubtedly, advanced fields done to perfection. All fields are highly customizable to absolutely work the way you specifically want and expect them to perform.
- 4 Relation Fields;
- 3 - e-commerce;
- Address & map location;
- Email & Mail;
- Date & Time;
- Numbers and Digits;
- Many more…
All fields are editable to exactly suit your preferences.
What is the principal value-added and competitive advantage of Cobalt 8?
Only Cobalt 8's free enterprise Audit Trail feature. This removes any and all limitations on end-user usage and allows unlimited website development application for corporate entities, such as, among others:
- Public and Private Corporations (government, business/commercial establishments and marketing networks, and other corporate entities).
- Educational and Learning Institutions (schools, universities, training centers, etc.).
- Non-Profit Organizations (NGOs) and other Socio-Civic Groups.
- Professional Organizations, Associations and Networks.
- Media Organizations.
The Audit Trail has 2 main components: Audit Log and Versioning.
Audit Log allows you to --
- Log important events.
- Set which events to log in every content type.
- See log filters by section, event type, content type or record.
- Run different actions immediately from within the log, such as rollback, compare, restore, etc.
It enables Cobalt 8 to make a snapshot record of every edit, without deleting previous versions. It remembers and stores an unlimited number of versions of your work.
Some functional advantages of having a compiled record or stored versions of your work:
History - allows you to review the history of particular records or versions.
Rollback or "Switch Versions" - allows you to flawlessly rollback, switch, or revert to earlier or older versions of your work, and vice versa.
Restore - allows you to retrieve the last snapshot of a deleted record at any time. It also restores all deleted files.
- Compare - allows you to make a comparison between any 2 versions of your record or work, including your current version.
Support and Delivery
We, in Cobalt, endeavors to support every user in the best way possible for free. All clients and users are treated equally, whether paying or not. We simply fix, improve and deliver.
We release weekly new updates, every Thursday, no matter what. Thus, you can be assured that no matter what the error or problem you may encounter or get stuck with, it will be resolved not later than in one (1) week. For very serious issues, we may even be able to release updates instantly.
High Load Optimization
It is very difficult to find a CCK that works smoothly with high traffic and voluminous records. Almost all of them dramatically slows down when more than 20,000 articles are on board. The Cobalt 8 structure addresses with issue.
High performance is one of our main concerns and priority. By optimizing the database structure and profiling the queries, we are now proud claim that we were able to display a listing of 20 articles per page (including 3 relations per article) out of ~ 80,000 records within 1 second.
We continue to explore possibilities of further improving the speed in every new releases.
Personalization - Multi-Vendor
Cobalt 8 is the first Joomla CCK to allow front-end submissions, and therefore is the best solution for getting and submitting articles to front-end users.
Not only does Cobalt 8 allow frintend submissions, it also allows users to create their personal home-pages within every section, with the freedom to create their own set of categories.
Cobalt 8 endeavor to further improve and complete its Personalization feature, with the aim of providing platform for creating sites which scenarios such as pinterest, histogram or twitter, including the integration of the following functionalities:
- Follow other users.
- Be followed.
- Post articles on homepage of others.
- Repost articles of others on you own homepage.
- Change your homepage title and welcome text.
- User can allow disallow to show his favorites, rated, commented, …
- User allow/disallow others to post on his homepage.
- Get notifications when you are followed, your article reposted or somebody posted on your homepage.
- Import articles, listings, products, etc. from CSV.
Another component of the Personalization feature is the Cobalt Socialisation Layer (CSL). This is a set of events triggers and classes that allow users to integrate any social media network or extension, like JomSocial or Community Builder, and let it work simultaneously with Cobalt 8. That means, if you have CB, JS, AlphaUserPoint, ActivityPro extensions installed and integrated, they all will get information on every Cobalt event not just one of those extensions.
The functionality and components of the Personalisation feature of Cobalt 8 makes it the most social media-friendly CCK in the world.
This modern and up-to-date notification system allows users to subscribe to articles or section/categories or even user to follow and being notified on any occurring event. iPhone or Facebook style notifications will not allow your customers to miss any important activity. It is a crucial tool for keeping up-to-date with any important activity, as well as engaging your customers more deeply in your site.
The Notification Center allows users to see all events from all Cobalt sections where events are enabled. You can easily mark events as read or simple remove them by type, section, user or article.
The Notification Settings is where user can manage your Follow/Unfollow of all sections, categories, articles and users. Users can set how often to receive email alerts and in what language.
The Notification System also allows:
- Show Popup in the corner with "Event-Notifications Module";
- Show All Articles with events in the section; and
- Highlight All Elements related to "New Events"
Search & Filtering System
Cobalt supports a smart
FULLTEXT search. This
FULLTEXT search system allows users to search phrases, individual words, and even include or exclude words from the search with the “+” or “–“ symbols. Users can configure how the search should behave and what fields should be indexed.
Most of the fields have additional filtering capabilities tailored to the users content type. Through this system, users will be able to create advanced searches, and drill down to the expected results.
There’s even more fun for the Address field with its distant radius search and Google Maps integration. (Example: Show all Hospitals within 30km of current location)
Cobalt allows you to create
MANY-TO-MANY relationships between and among content types.
For example: Authors -< Albums or Actors >-< Movies.
Users can add as many relationships to one content type as may be desired. Users can even create relationships within one content type.
The Multiple Type allows users to submit, handle, search, display and filter different content types of data within the same section/category.
For example, if you have the same fields (such as “YEAR”) within different content types, Cobalt 8 will organize them intelligently in one column, while using it also as a filter element in the advanced search which will search/find all records of combined types. Furthermore, fields can be sorted by user preference, while automatically ordering them properly, even with mixed content types.
The Moderator Manager allows the users to easily set any users as moderator in any section, and fine-tune permissions through predefined rules, without changing actual Joomla user groups. The user remains in the Registered user group, but may be granted with almost superadmin privileges which keeps it secure. Users can also limit the moderators to only some categories of the section.
The Moderator Manager contains an extensive number of rules, such as:
- Access audit log
- Restore, Compare, Switch versions
- Post new records - which means you may create section where only explicitly assigned users are able to post.
- View, create sale or change its status
- Publish, delete, make featured, prolong, etc.
The Comment System works based on adapters, in line with the current trend of commenting in social media networks, like Facebook Comments or DISQUS, etc. Right out of the box, the users immediately get following integrations:
- Cobalt core - built-in comment system
- JComment - Joomla extension
- Cobalt content type - create special section and content type to be used as comment, review or discussion. **
- Facebook **
- IntenceDebate **
- DISQUS **
- Cackle **
- VKontakte **
And list is growing.
Cobalt can export to any format through special
formatters plugins. By the time this article was created, there are
Joomla update server formatters and, of course, standard Joomla
RSS. Next are
If the users need more, they can easily create their own
formatter plugin or ask us.
Cobalt also can import from
JSON. Import is done from the front-end. It means that other users may import their products, listings, posts or articles into any section the users allow. And this is really cool for multi-vendor capabilities. In addition, it is a smart import. If the users import the same file again, Cobalt 8 will create new articles and update previously imported articles. For example, sellers may import their products'
CSV to update stock or price.
Packer is the unique tool that packs one or more sections into a single Joomla installation file, and later install it to other Joomla instance through standard Joomla extension installation process. It is like Export/Import for Cobalt only. The Packer packs, not only data, but templates, template configurations, additional files if needed.
Users can also use it for:
- Quickly upload your local fork to server.
- Deliver your work to your customers.
- Install as demo content.
- Distribute (sell) Cobalt pack as apps. Like pre-configured Cobalt sections fully setup and styled and ready to use. For example, see our Forum and Gallery packs.
The Rating System of Cobalt 8 is very advanced.
- 3 different calculating modes (plain, smart, bayesian) to provide the best possible way for any situation.
- Single or multiple property ratings.
- Rating templates for every content type or even every rating property.
- Only author rating access. This means that only author of the article may rate it. Works well for reviews and discussions.
- Change your rating.
- Rating API to calculate different rating summaries. Like for example total user rating in the section. Total rating of the article reviews. And you may format this calculation to anything you like. Just echo total number or rating in assigned rating template.
Cobalt has full latest Google Map API (with fresh view) integration:
- Show record markers on the map.
- Marker click popup article info window.
- Set marker icons.
- Set position from address or vice versa.
- Find current location (if it is disabled in browser approximate by IP).
- Marker clustering.
- Cloud, weather, panaramio, traffic, bicycle, transit layers.
- Filter or search by distant radius, marker or address.
Map features are one of the most active in development. New features are frequently getting there.
Every record list or record display uses templates which can be managed through a Template Manager. Users You can copy/rename any template and set or modify it for any particular content type or section.
Templates are the real power of Cobalt 8. Users can do and achieve anything within their imagination. And it designed in the way so as not to be lost on next update. So users can get the section that looks the way they want and can still safely update Cobalt every week.
Templates are reusable. Cobalt saves different settings for different types of the same template, or create one template but configure it differently in different sections. The templates have advanced configuration ability. Either users create their own template or use Cobalt's dozens of parameters in every template.
Users can also create their own Youtube, Calendar, Ticket system, even a very advanced forum system. There is no limitations with the use of individual templates combined with the power of Cobalt's flexible fields.
SSI (Simple Sale Interface)
With this SSI and other Cobalt features, just turn your website into a multi-vendor product catalog with Buy Now selling style. Sell (or allow others to sell) files downloads, vouchers or serial numbers, tangible products or simple get donations.
Cobalt advanced PayPal Gateway has Adaptive Payments integrated. This will allow the users to collect commissions/rebates from every purchase of any sale on their site, without even the buyer seeing it.
For Joomla Extensions Developers
For distributors of Joomla extensions, Cobalt is a complete solution for you. Not only you can create excellent download sections where you can sell downloads or distribute them for free, but you can also give your customers a wide choice -- from individual file download to subscribing with Emerald to get access to whole list of downloads.
Joomla Update Service formatter will turn your download section into Joomla Update Service feed and will automate this process. Once configured, it will deliver new updated every time you upload new file to your site.
More than that, if the download is paid, it will popup login form, and after login it will allow to download and update the file.
In other words, after you setup your download section, you just upload new file version and, instantly, it is delivered to all your customers through the core Joomla update mechanism.
Nothing like this exists, so far.
- Mobile Enhancements - Cobalt can show QR codes everywhere – on your emails, telephones, google map locations and address encoded as MECARD.
- Compare - Compare feature allows users to compare from 2 to 6 articles. It renders articles in vertical table template where people can easily compare different products, offers or articles.
- Public users can edit - After submission public user gets alert with special edit link. He can save it for future editing. Also if there is an email field, it sends edit URL to that email.
- Tagging - Flexibly customized. You may allow even public users to tag article but for example only existing tags. Later users may filter by tags and search.
- R3EDY - Cobalt is native to Joomla 3.0. It uses jQuery, bootstrap, and follow main Joomla 3 series concept.
Please note this is only brief compilation of what Cobalt 8 has. There are many other features.
Cobalt 8 offers far more features than what can be sufficiently described in this brief article. Try Cobalt 8 for yourself and experience the incredible power and flexibility of its components which no other JOOMLA CCK can provide.
** - Available only in paid version