randallw VIP
Total posts: 74
02 Feb 2015 12:29

Is there a reason why the latest Forum pack download includes 31 records which come from the MintJoomla forums? Is there a way to delete the records now they are installed or can they be removed from the download? Thanks.

Last Modified: 03 Feb 2015

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
02 Feb 2015 18:51

Hello randallw,

Good point. Thanks for raising this "issue" again. Actually, I would like to see a mass-delete feature as well. Useful for demo data and testing environments, and packs!

FYI, "Delete" has been discussed in the following related topics... hence the comments, please:

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
02 Feb 2015 18:58

randallw Is there a way to delete the records

In frontend one by one...

Bildschirmfoto 2015-02-02 um 19.50.56

PS: If you enable Audit-Log in type parameters, you are able to restore deleted records. You have to create the respetive Audit-Trail menuItem.

randallw VIP
03 Feb 2015 10:10

Thanks pepperstreet. I got rid of 11 of the records, but the remaining 20 seem to be associated with Forum categories that do not exist in the download pack, such as "Cobalt 7", "Cobalt 8" and "Emerald 8". I'm not familiar with every aspect of Cobalt but it seems somehow records were included in the pack where the Forum categories were not.

Am I missing something here? I tried adding a Forum category called "Cobalt 7" but the sample records didn't appear. Anything else that i can try or does the Forum need to be re-packed and check that all sample records can be deleted on the front-end?

Thanks, Randall.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
03 Feb 2015 10:54

There was some additional records with pack.

1. In section parameters temporary set to show all records in section root.
  2. In section parameters temporary set to show all clients.
  3. Open forum root.
  4. Delete all topics
  5. Change parameters back.

randallw VIP
03 Feb 2015 11:10

Perfect. Thanks Sergey and pepperstreet