07 Jun 2013 05:27

Hello,

I understand is not possible to mass delete records because of audit log feature... but I guess it is possible to perform a mass deletion via phpmyadmin trucating the tables... or am I wrong?

if this is correct can you suggest which tables exactly have to be truncated?

This may come in handy if like in my case I have cloned a website which already has hundreds of records, and I want to use it for another project

(in my case duplicating the website is less time consuming than creating a new website, installing cobalt and then installing cobalt packs)

Last Modified: 26 Oct 2015

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
07 Jun 2013 09:32

If you want completely clean records you have to clean almost all tables.

You have to truncate all tabled that contain record_id column and notifications

stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
07 Jun 2013 11:58

I would like to know this too.

In this case (copy all cobalt settings and templates) isn't the Packer enough? It has an option "copy demo records" (something like that) that has a tooltip that says to deactivate if we want copy only settings and templates and not records.

Sergey
09 Jun 2013 22:18

But it will copy records at least on first install anyway. That option only regarding updates. Means when you install pack second time.

stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
10 Jun 2013 14:59

Is there any SQL code to do that ? I mean a code to insert into MySQL code and run it.

Sergey
12 Jun 2013 01:14

No there is nothing like this. When you work with PhpMyAdmin you are on your own :)

londoh VIP
Total posts: 137
03 Aug 2013 01:19

I understood the 'record_id column' ok - lots of tables, got those

but about the 'notifications' part:.. Did you just mean #__js_res_notifications table?

thanks

Sergey
04 Aug 2013 22:12

Did you just mean #__js_res_notifications table?

Yes.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
05 Aug 2013 11:24

I would suggest to implement a special SuperAdmin action with double-check and alerts in Cobalt Tools. Purpose: Easy removal of test data. In general you setup and test your types and applications with dummy data. With mass-delete, you can re-use the same installation for the production site and real data.

londoh VIP
Total posts: 137
05 Aug 2013 13:18

Purpose: Easy removal of test data

hmmm yes... I'm testing imports atm and def felt the need to run up a simple cli script to drop all records.

if anybody wants a copy mail me.

Perhaps it might be a bit of a 'nuke' button to put such permanent option in the back end - no matter how many lerts you put on it!

Be alert. The world needs more lerts

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
10 Oct 2013 16:35

I would suggest to implement a special SuperAdmin action with double-check and alerts in Cobalt Tools. Purpose: Easy removal of test data. In general you setup and test your types and applications with dummy data. With mass-delete, you can re-use the same installation for the production site and real data.

Already commented over here... but this topic fits even better, just found it too late ;-) My Comment & questions:

Does Audit log allow mass selecting and mass operations?! Sorry, did not use it, yet.

I think admins should have mass selection and delete etc.

Since Audit log/Versioning is a special and optional feature which can be turned on/off... I can't really accept it as an alternative for missing standard backend operations. i.e. mass delete

wolverine VIP
Total posts: 102
17 Nov 2013 02:01

You've done a very good work of cobalt sergey but

why have you removed some features from the old resource.

There have been better if you have them available in cobalt and so

it has varait better blah, you have removed copy field to another section

this was in the past and that we can not delete records, this is not good but I hope you'll take with them into the next version

nican VIP
Total posts: 392
26 Oct 2015 12:14

Following! And also... voting the idea of a mass delete tool, would be extremely useful.