10 Jan 2013 11:18

For types and sections I have a Delete button. However under records in the back-end I seem to have no delete button or way to delete a record.

I can del the record from the front end, perhaps this was by design so it could also delete uploaded files tied to the record.

?

Last Modified: 03 Feb 2015

Tags Cobalt 9

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
10 Jan 2013 23:07

There is audit log systemin Cobalt 8. We cannot provide same functionality support form backend and frontend. Audit log allow you to restore deleted record, it also keep track of versions. That is why you can delete only on frontend.

11 Jan 2013 11:18

Wonderful. I knew there was probably a reason - It just took me a moment to figure out to go to the front to delete. :-) Than you again!

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
10 Oct 2013 16:31

We cannot provide same functionality support form backend and frontend. Audit log allow you to restore deleted record,

Does Audit log allow mass selecting and mass operations?! Sorry, did not use it, yet.

I think admins should have mass selection and delete etc.

Since Audit log/Versioning is a special and optional feature which can be turned on/off... I can't really accept it as an alternative for missing standard backend operations. i.e. mass delete

londoh VIP
Total posts: 137
10 Oct 2013 17:02

I dont need (or use) audit log.

I do sometimes need the ability to mass delete records.

Since Audit log/Versioning is a special and optional feature which can be turned on/off... I can't really accept it as an alternative for missing standard backend operations. i.e. mass delete

I agree with this logic.

If audit log is turned off, it should be possible (and would be helpful to be able) to selectively mass delete records.

Sergey
10 Oct 2013 23:10

Let's see if we can improve it in Cobalt 9

Sergey
03 Feb 2015 16:22

Yes. ANd already done in Cobalt 9.