pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
04 Nov 2015 11:38

AFAIK the detach button is not implemented?! :(
See this older topic and comments:

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
04 Nov 2015 14:20

Hmmm ... I just remember from "Resources", that there was a detach button. I just made some tests today, when i wanted to use the "detach" functionality. Actually the way it is now is quite dangerous. I wanted to get rid of an attached record and tried it from within the list view. Only option is to "delete" the record, which "deletes" it literally and therefore affects other records which are attached to it as well. I believe that also the way "attach" works now, needs a make over. I remember some old topics, where it did not show anything in the modal window based on the template. Thanks for your link, at least it explains that it is not (yet) implemented.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
04 Nov 2015 16:36

I did not found propper place for this button. I though to place it in control menu where delete, edit and all the rest, but it turned out to be not so simple. Article could be attached to few parents and have some children or be parent. How do you know what you want it to detach from? In addition, it is hard to consolidate all information from the fields in individual menu. So dettach buton should be somewere near each title of attachment.

Anyway, I do тще think it is hard to add, I could do it by the next release, I only cannot find a good looking place.

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
22 Apr 2016 05:15

Sergey Anyway, I do тще think it is hard to add, I could do it by the next release, I only cannot find a good looking place.

Any news on this?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
26 Apr 2016 14:24

I'll add it to Cobalt 9. I will not add new features to 8 because ti is getting more and more complaicated to merge Cobalt 8 development into Cobalt 9.