ron.du VIP
Total posts: 113
11 Jul 2014 16:04

Hi. A new feature will be nice for parent child field. member can easily add or attach child record . I also want member to unassign ( unlink ) his records from parent item. unlink should be a button besides His item ( parent or child )

Last Modified: 19 Feb 2015

Tags Cobalt 9

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
12 Jul 2014 01:31

I think this is already a build-in feature. See Parent field -> Attach Existing -> Show (Detach Parent) button for [ACL selectbox]

Problem / Bug ?

BTW, I remember, I have played with the options... but the button did not appear?!? I have tried correct and different ACL settings. Can you confirm this issue?

ron.du VIP
Total posts: 113
12 Jul 2014 07:02

pepperstreet I think this is already a build-in feature. See Parent field -> Attach Existing -> Show (Detach Parent) button for [ACL selectbox]

BTW, I remember, I have played with the options... but the button did not appear?!? I have tried correct and different ACL settings. Can you confirm this issue?

Thankyou . Let me check with another template

klox7 VIP
Total posts: 914
24 Nov 2014 19:31

pepperstreet BTW, I remember, I have played with the options... but the button did not appear?!?

Same here. No detach button. I can only go to edit record and remove attached records from field.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
25 Nov 2014 12:39

The unlink button can also got to article controll menu under gear/cog button.

I mark it as an idea.

pepperstreet VIP
25 Nov 2014 18:40

Sergey The unlink button can also got to article controll menu under gear/cog button.

1.) I would not mix the appearance for this type of actions. Attach New/Existing are buttons... and the same should apply to the "Detach" button. Just another CSS style (red/danger).

2.) Or ALL attach actions should have an alternative style and location. Either in controls or in a separate dropdown like Status-field.

Anyways, I did not test it with latest Cobalt 8.601 but in previous versions I could not get it to work at all. The "DeTach" button was missing!?

Sergey
26 Nov 2014 02:29

Yes, detach button is not implemented.

pepperstreet VIP
26 Nov 2014 12:49

Sergey Yes, detach button is not implemented.

??? (No wonder that my issue has never been answered. I have mentioned it in another topic... a long time ago)

klox7 VIP
26 Nov 2014 13:19

Sergey The unlink button can also got to article controll menu under gear/cog button.

+1, it's like deleting or unpublishing article and should be beside every article in list.

Sergey Yes, detach button is not implemented.

Why then have parameter in Relation (parent) field?

Sergey
28 Nov 2014 08:59

klox7 Why then have parameter in Relation (parent) field?

I di dnot want to remove it because I though that later I'll add it.

klox7 VIP
28 Nov 2014 09:23

Sergey I di dnot want to remove it because I though that later I'll add it.

in this case grey it out and add some trigger "coming soon" or something

pepperstreet VIP
16 Feb 2015 23:55

Sergey I though that later I'll add it.

Still possible to get the action/button in Cobalt 8 ?

Sergey
17 Feb 2015 03:23

pepperstreet Still possible to get the action/button in Cobalt 8 ?

I do not think so.

pepperstreet VIP
17 Feb 2015 22:15

Sergey I do not think so.

Too bad I recognized it so late. I always thought it is my fault or an issue with this particular Joomla demo install (which has other strange issues from time to time)

Anyways, I still think it is a must-have feature. Especially because it is visible as an option...
and it is 50% of the actual feature set. Doesn't make sense to me to have attach... but not detach!?!

Sergey
19 Feb 2015 11:19

pepperstreet Doesn't make sense to me to have attach... but not detach!?!

I agree. But still not sure I can add it to Cobalt 8.