aacmn1 VIP
Total posts: 17
25 Feb 2015 19:41

Where would i place the css code to float the image left in the category and item views? I have tired the following code config in both my default template css and in the libary CSS of cobalt, niether has worked. 1 i made the field class " .floatleft " in the image field. 2 and than added the following CSS code to both of the above mentioned files " .floatleft { float: left; margin: 0px 5px 5px 0px; }" Thank you

Last Modified: 17 Mar 2015

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
25 Feb 2015 23:25

Hello aacmn1,

Which templates do you use? What do you mean by "category view"?

aacmn1 i made the field class " .floatleft " in the image field

Maybe I am stating the obvious, but...

• Make sure you don't add the "." in field parameter
  • Just use the plain class name
  • The default list template is a table. So, you can't really float things around.
  • The default full view template uses a DL/DD structure. Check the output in your browser... and hence the label CSS, too.
  • Allways make sure your CSS is loaded at last position. i.e. your main template.css or a general custom.css file should do the trick.

26 Feb 2015 00:05

Sorry i am using the "Blog" template And did not use the "'s in the CSS. I guess this component would call it the "Record list" Also used this same CSS code in "Adsmanager" and it works fine.

pepperstreet VIP
26 Feb 2015 04:10

Guest Sorry i am using the "Blog" template And did not use the "'s in the CSS

NP. Thanks for the infos.

But I still can't help you, because I don't know exactly what you want to achieve. I mean, what fields do you want to display and what is your final layout and their position? Do you need the labels... etc.

The Blog template has the same default markup like the full view. It uses a definition list (DL/DT/DD). By default the elements do already float! The default CSS also adds margins and clear. The field layout is top-to-bottom.

• You might try to adjust and override the CSS properties for that particular blog...
  • Or write a custom template for a "total free" positioning

aacmn1 VIP
26 Feb 2015 17:10

Here are screenshots of what i have The 2nd one is what i want it to look like. The 1st is how it appears in coblt 8

shot-20150226-464-f13t3k

screen shot1A

I Hopr this helps.

pepperstreet VIP
27 Feb 2015 01:40

aacmn1 I Hopr this helps.

It does. ;)

Again, hence my previous comment about default templates and their markup.

Suggestions

CSS only

• Edit your image and text fields. See field Label: Set Show labels to Submission from
  • Image field needs proper Field Class(es). Either existing bootstrap helper classes or create your own.
    e.g.: pull-left , MyImageClass
  • Important CSS rules: You have to remove the margin or left-margin from the DD/image (which gave the space for the label)
dd.input-field.MyImageClass {
    float: left;
    margin-left: 0;
}
  • if your image needs more space than 180px, you might adjust the text field, too. Give it a custom field class and set or remove the left-margin. Or let it float as well, and add some right-padding/margin to the image instead.

Alternative Templates

aacmn1 VIP
04 Mar 2015 20:48

Alright i am getting nowhere with this. Let's just start with this: In what file and on what line of the blog template do i delete to get rid of the field labels for the records list? so there is no left margin at all.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
05 Mar 2015 03:40

PLease start with reading template customisation documentation as suggested.

http://docs.mintjoomla.com/en/cobalt/

Lord_Helmchen VIP
Total posts: 31
05 Mar 2015 17:26

aacmn1 Where would i place the css code to float the image left in the category and item views? I have tired the following code config in both my default template css and in the libary CSS of cobalt, niether has worked. 1 i made the field class " .floatleft " in the image field. 2 and than added the following CSS code to both of the above mentioned files " .floatleft { float: left; margin: 0px 5px 5px 0px; }" Thank you

aacmn1

Try floatleft without leading point in Field Class in the image field. cobalt-image

Or download this file list-left Unzip and upload to components/com_cobalt/fields/image/tmpl/output Go to your image field settings and in "Template in the articles list view" choose "list-left.php"

aacmn1 VIP
06 Mar 2015 15:50

Thank you, Thank you and Thank you! your list_left file worked perfectly can not thank you enough!!!!

Lord_Helmchen VIP
Total posts: 31
13 Mar 2015 18:11

No problem. Thats the way a good community should work. :-)

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
17 Mar 2015 07:47

Lord_Helmchen Thats the way a good community should work. :-)

+1