scenium
Total posts: 37
21 Mar 2015 05:41

Установил последнюю версию Joomla и Cobalt - перестала работать совместимость с шаблонами Joomla. (на старых версиях работала).

У меня шаблон с Botstrap 3, и шаблоны Cobalt собирался переделывать под 3-й Botstrap. Но сейчас даже с включенной функцией "Совместимость с шаблонами Joomla" на страницах Cobalt подгружаются стили Botstrap 2, а именно:

/media/jui/css/bootstrap.min.css
/media/jui/css/bootstrap-responsive.min.css
/media/jui/css/bootstrap-extended.css

Как отключить подгрузку этих стилей?

Last Modified: 25 Mar 2015

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
21 Mar 2015 12:30

scenium "Совместимость с шаблонами Joomla" на страницах Cobalt подгружаются стили Botstrap 2, а именно:

That is the purpose of this parameter. It forces the load of Joomla core Bootstrap v2 CSS.

Most likely it helps you best on Joomla templates, which are not based on bootstrap at all.
It does not automatically solve any multiple Bootstrap version conflicts.

In general, you have to make sure your site/template/extensions work with Bootstrap v2.

Hence: If you remove JUI / bootstrap v2 on the whole site, Cobalt would loose its basic appearance and possibly some functionality as well.

scenium
22 Mar 2015 14:12

No, now this option does not work at all. Previously, he cut off the loading Bootstrap v2 css. Now when you turn on this option, nothing happens!

pepperstreet VIP
22 Mar 2015 16:59

scenium Previously, he cut off the loading Bootstrap v2 css

AFAIK, no. This never happened with this option ON. The purpose and effect is totally different. Actually, vice-versa.

• Which template/framework do you use?
  • Check the loaded css/js files, please. Which files are loaded and in which order? Please, report or make screenshot.
  • Do you have a certain extension that requires BS3 as well?

scenium
22 Mar 2015 19:25

I use a template based on T3 Framevork BS3.

Here Cobalt 8.636 disabled function compatibility:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/t3_bs3_blank/css/bootstrap.css" type="text/css" />
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="/media/system/css/modal.css" type="text/css" />
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="/components/com_cobalt/library/css/style.css" type="text/css" />
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="/media/jui/css/chosen.css" type="text/css" />
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="/media/mint/js/mooupload/style.css" type="text/css" />
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="/media/mint/js/autocomplete/style.css" type="text/css" />
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="/media/system/css/calendar-jos.css" type="text/css"  title="Зелёный"  media="all" />
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/system/css/system.css" type="text/css" />
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/t3_bs3_blank/css/template.css" type="text/css" />
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/t3_bs3_blank/fonts/font-awesome/css/font-awesome.min.css" type="text/css" />

But Cobalt 8.644 disabled function compatibility:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/t3_bs3_blank/css/bootstrap.css" type="text/css" />
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="/media/jui/css/bootstrap.min.css" type="text/css" />
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="/media/jui/css/bootstrap-responsive.min.css" type="text/css" />
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="/media/jui/css/bootstrap-extended.css" type="text/css" />
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="/media/system/css/modal.css" type="text/css" />
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="/components/com_cobalt/library/css/style.css" type="text/css" />
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="/media/jui/css/chosen.css" type="text/css" />
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="/media/mint/js/mooupload/style.css" type="text/css" />
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="/media/mint/js/autocomplete/style.css" type="text/css" />
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="/media/system/css/calendar-jos.css" type="text/css"  title="Зелёный"  media="all" />
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/system/css/system.css" type="text/css" />
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/t3_bs3_blank/css/template.css" type="text/css" />
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/t3_bs3_blank/fonts/font-awesome/css/font-awesome.min.css" type="text/css" />

You see, in the first case there is no load Bootstrap v2 css. Why now you can not turn off this feature? I do not need load Bootstrap v2 css !!!

How to turn this off?

pepperstreet VIP
23 Mar 2015 15:02

scenium Here Cobalt 8.636 disabled function compatibility:

The parameter never disabled Bootstrap files ;)
Please, read Sergey's comment over here...

So, in your case you have to keep that parameter OFF.

Not sure how T3 works in detail, but in the past it seemed to remove v2 files and re-created the whole head section... Maybe the last T3 updates changed something? Maybe their removal works for T3/Joomla core pages only? If an extension calls BSv2 JUI explicitely, it might keep loading the files. Actually, this behavior is intended by Joomla's Bootstrap implementation (PS: which really sucks).

Related topic on StackExchange:
How can I completely remove Bootstrap from the frontend of Joomla?

scenium
24 Mar 2015 09:13

Initially mistaken, the same is true, the parameter should be turned off. Just off this setting to anything does not produce, it is still connected files Butsrap V2 css.

Templates and Joomla itself nothing to do with these files are only in the pages of cobalt, all other sections of the site Bootstrap V2 css is not connected.

How to disable the connection Bootstrap v2 css in Cobalt???

pepperstreet VIP
24 Mar 2015 16:42

Which T3 template are you using?

I have tried with latest T3 System plugin and Blank (BS3) template. Joomlart seem to strip off ALL core Bootstrap files. There is no BS v2 left. Except their own compatibility file, which includes the BS2 grid layout classes. Even this can be disabled.

Result

Surprise: I have NO bootstrap v2 JUI files loaded on Cobalt lists and forms!

Questions

Did you try the latest T3 System plugin?
Do you have the latest update of your T3 template?

Suggestions

Anyways, I would not recommend to use Cobalt + T3 BS3 templates. I have seen a lot of CSS related issues in main menus, section menu, form element styling etc.

In order to achieve a clean appearance, you will either spend a lot of time to correct the styles,
or you would have to re-write the Cobalt default templates, too.
Bot some Bootstrap classes might come from inner/deeper files, which are hard to replace.

If you are addicted to T3, the Blank BS v2 version works pretty well ;)

scenium
25 Mar 2015 07:01

Download and install the latest version of the T3 BS3 templates and T3 System plugin!

It did not help!

Loaded files bootstrap v2 ONLY on pages Cobalt !!!!

In this topic , Sergey wrote that the loads css function:

JHtml::_('bootstrap.loadCss');

In a file, this function? How to remove it on or off?

P.S. I understand that many things will have to change in Cobalt templates to work with Bootstrap V3, and I'm ready to do it.

pepperstreet VIP
25 Mar 2015 09:36

scenium In a file, this function? How to remove it on or off?

If it is the CSS files only (no JS from media/JUI folder), it should be a result of the Global "Compatibility" parameter.
So, if it is set to OFF. It should not load.

Thoughts

• Any caching issue or old files etc.?
  • Do you have other core or 3rd-party extensions/modules on that page?
  • Did you try the CSS/JS Override trick and add empty file(s) here:
    templates/YourTemplate/css/jui/bootstrap.min.css
    templates/YourTemplate/js/jui/bootstrap.min.js
  • In general, you should never alter any Cobalt core files, IMHO.

I am going to make another T3/BS3 test on another machine and fresh installation... just to be sure.

PS: Before you switch to BS3 only, you should definitely make a test with all Cobalt templates, forms and fields!!! Check their output, possible JS issues might arise, because of Bootstrap changes i.e. TypeAhead.js DropDown Menu levels etc. It might not turn out so easy, as it appears on first sight.

scenium
25 Mar 2015 11:07

pepperstreet If it is the CSS files only (no JS from media/JUI folder), it should be a result of the Global "Compatibility" parameter.

So, if it is set to OFF. It should not load.

But it works, what I say is already the third day! I give any answers except that I ask. I need to disable the css.

All cache cleaned several times. No third-party modules or components on this page does not.

scenium
25 Mar 2015 11:08

pepperstreet Did you try the CSS/JS Override trick and add empty file(s) here:

templates/YourTemplate/css/jui/bootstrap.min.css

templates/YourTemplate/js/jui/bootstrap.min.js

Probably will do so, simply cleanse these files.

pepperstreet VIP
25 Mar 2015 12:22

scenium But it works, what I say is already the third day! I give any answers except that I ask. I need to disable the css.

There is no way to turn BS v2 JUI off, if you develop an extension that follows the Joomla guide-lines. It relies on the Joomla Bootstrap implementation. (PS: which is an unflexible limitation)

In your case and with the presence of T3 framework/BS3 template, it should work though. Consider it as a neat "side-effect".

pepperstreet I am going to make another T3/BS3 test on another machine and fresh installation... just to be sure.

Again, I can't re-create your particular issue with latest T3 Blank (BS3).

Also my second tests on a totally different server does NOT load any Bootstrap v2 JUI files at all.

My testing environment and experience:

• T3 Blank BS3 (latest as of today 25th March)
  • Cobalt (latest update)
  • all available Cobalt Packs (forum, gallery, downloads, etc.)
  • tested with different modules assigments and list templates, also detail views
  • tested all Packs and my own sections with misc fields
  • Cobalt global config: template Compatibility OFF
  • Joomla 3.4.1

The site and Cobalt pages do not load the Bootstrap v2 files anymore.
(most likely a successful result of the T3 system plugin and their attempt to strip off any Bootstrap core stuff)

Conclusion

There must be a difference in your setup...
or maybe your global config setting is not stored/recognized for any reason.

Please, check and compare it with another installation, please.

scenium
25 Mar 2015 15:31

Strangely it all. I will need to reinstall everything, even though it was done a lot of work, and it is not clear why there is not disconnected Bootstrap v2 files.

Okay, re-set all the other day and check it out. Maybe somewhere with my install something went something wrong.

pepperstreet VIP
25 Mar 2015 21:11

scenium I will need to reinstall everything, even though it was done a lot of work

I would suggest to install a new/parallel J!3.3 and Cobalt. Then install some of the free Packs. Maybe Gallery or Downloads. They do not require any commercial field. Save Cobalt config... and add T3 framework and Blank BS3 template.

It should take not more than 15 minutes to get a test site. Check out the Bootstrap loading behavior.