nblgeoweb VIP
Total posts: 178
09 May 2014 12:29

Is there a way to follow filters in C8? From what I can tell there isn't but would be nice as a future enhancement.

My reason for asking is that one of my Cobalt projects doesn't use categories to organize records. I solely use fields and filters to organize the records. This approach is working great and in some ways is a lot more flexible than using categories in this case. The biggest drawback to this approach is the inability to follow categories. Following a filter (or group of filters) would essentially provide the same result.

As an interim solution, I could enable people to make a browser bookmark of the full url that would include the filter information. If I could construct that url and put it somewhere on my page in the markup template or the record list template then people could bookmark that link. I think this is related to the discussion of a similar issue regarding Cobalt: Click here to link...

Any ideas?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
09 May 2014 13:00

Right now it is not possible as you already know from the discussion by the link you have provided. But we do plan follow search results in Cobalt 9.

nblgeoweb VIP
Total posts: 178
09 May 2014 14:18

Excellent news. That will be a great feature. Thanks Sergey.

andiamine VIP
Total posts: 295
09 May 2014 19:01

Great