randallw VIP
Total posts: 74
28 Jun 2015 14:25

I'm trying to achieve the same as the following linked topic states, so I won't repeat everything: http://www.mintjoomla.com/support/community-forum/user-item/1686-golfads/48-cobalt-8/2116-cobalt-author-notification.html

Basically, user submits article and I'm trying to get the notifications to Admin working so that I know about the submission waiting to be reviewed/published.

Automatic notification emails seem to be working with the "curl -c..." command, though I have no idea what this actually does. Editing an existing record does send an "Item edited" notification, although the text doesn't indicate it is awaiting moderator approval. After publishing the record, it successfully sends an "Item approved" notification.

I am automatically subscribed to all new articles in the notification center for the relevant section. Notifications "New item added" and "Item awaiting approval" are both set to Yes. I am listed as a moderator for the relevant section, with all permissions allowed.

What am I missing to get the "New item added" and "Item awaiting approval" notifications to work?

Thanks, Randall.

Last Modified: 01 Jul 2015

randallw VIP
Total posts: 74
30 Jun 2015 12:14

After more testing, this was caused by the section settings: Event Parameters --> Allow Follow Users. Setting this to "No one" enabled the section notifications to work. The clue was the tooltip on the Personalization --> Personalize parameter.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
01 Jul 2015 14:27

Good. It means I placed this tooltip in right place.