golfads VIP
Total posts: 216
27 Apr 2013 17:02

Hi, here, I am not talking about the notification module but since our users are able to upload articles from frontend and that such articles need first to be validated by the admin prior to be published, we would like to send an automatic notification to the author telling him:

First step: When article is submitted for moderation, a message (email) is sent to author telling him that we have well received the article and that it will be published within x hours.

First Step: Also send a message to the site admin telling him that there is article awaiting moderation.

Final step: When article is published, send message (email) to author telling him that his article has been published.

Is there a way to do that in Cobalt 8? If there, how and is there any tutorial to set this up please?

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
28 Apr 2013 03:07

Bonjour, je pense que vous pouvez faire quelque chose avec le field Statut, il permet d'envoyer un mail automatiquement à chaque changement de statut mais peut être qu'il y a une autre possibilité

merci

Hello, i think you can do something with the powerful Statut field, it allows to send an e-mail automatically when you change statut in this field but maybe there is another way

best regards

golfads VIP
29 Apr 2013 02:08

Bonjour Clowride, merci pour l'information, je vais éssayer de le mettre en pratique aujourd'hui et vous tenir au courant.

Hi Clowride, thanks for the information, will try it today itself and keep you updated.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
29 Apr 2013 02:45

All those notifications are in Cobalt. User will get notification that article was published and admin that new article was submitted. We only miss alert to user that article is received and will be published in x days.

For this alert I would suggest you to create static Joomla content with text that say what you need and set it so that user is redirected to that page after submission. You can do it in type parameter.

golfads VIP
29 Apr 2013 04:38

Hi Sergey,

Thanks again for such information, that is great, will test it today itself, it is fine for the pending message, as you mention it, a static joomla article is fine, thanks again.

Sergey
30 Apr 2013 00:22

golfads VIP
30 Apr 2013 19:12

Hi Sergey,

I followed the link you provided to me, I even setup the cron job to run each 1 minute, I created a user account and post a new article in one of the created type/section but neither the admin nor the user did not receive any email when article is added or published within the website!

Should enable/disable or configure something in Cobalt configuration or within the type/section/category please?

Sergey
01 May 2013 00:20

I am sorry but we found error there. We have fixed it for next update on Thursday but right now it wil not work.

If you do not want to wait for update open com_cobalt/controllers/cron.php and delete

subscribe = 1 AND

FROM SQL query in line 108

golfads VIP
01 May 2013 04:34

Hi Sergey,

If it is an error and that there is an update coming by Thursday, it worth to wait for the update since our website is still under development, I mention it just in case it was an error from our side, but we shall wait for the update, thanks for your very good support.