caaneo VIP
Total posts: 17
19 Jun 2012 13:32

I can't seem to find any info about this but I am on Joomla 1.5 and I would like to upgrade to 2.5 soon. Do you have any tools to help migrate from Mighty Resources 1.5.8 to Cobalt 7?

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Official Answer

Right now we do not have ay tool.

Although Cobalt may looks similar to Resources it is completely new extension with different DB structure. There is no upgrade process. It should a migration.

Please read our roadmap. In Cobalt 8 we plan to embed Import/Export tool which will allow to migrate from Resources, ZOO, K2 or any CSV.

Hope by the time you decide to switch to Joomla 2.5 it will be out.

Also not that live of J2.5 is ending very soon. Even this year. May be you even have to wait to J3 in order to save your working time. Because right after you update to 2.5 (which is not going to be easy process) you will have to update to J3.

caaneo VIP
Total posts: 17
31 Jul 2012 08:29

I have a "lifetime" subscription to the "Mighty Extensions", but now it seems that I need to buy a new "lifetime" subscription to "cobalt" Is there any sort of discount for pre-existing customers?

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
31 Jul 2012 09:59

Sandy,

please see this article here

It seems today is the last day for a "loyalty" discount, but you might contact MintJoomla directly to arrange for a good deal. Good luck on it.

Whatever you decide, either using Cobalt for free or getting a subscription (everything or just single options), you will be amazed by the new functionality and performance of Cobalt compared to Resources.