techutopia
Total posts: 202
01 Sep 2016 08:04

Hi,

I am using the helix3 Template ( https://www.joomshaper.com/joomla-templates/helix3 ) with Bootstrap 3.2.

On front-end I had fields in groups, and thus tabs. When I click on the tabs they disappear.

So, I decided not to use field groups as a quick fix.

But, the same thing is happening with the 'stars' in the core ratings - one click on a star and it's gone.

I have turned on "Template compatibility", but does not help.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dale.

Last Modified: 02 Sep 2016

danielbidala VIP
Total posts: 153
01 Sep 2016 09:10

This is an incompatibility issue between different bootstrap versions. Cobalt uses Bootstrap 2 and your template is based on Bootstrap 3. I suggest you to use a bootstrap 2 based template or a non bootstrap based template system (I prefer Gantry5).

techutopia
01 Sep 2016 09:20

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. :-)

I'm guessing that there are no plans to upgrade Cobalt to a more recent version of Bootstrap then?

Are there any easy hacks I make to the source code at all to fix?

Thanks again,

Dale.

techutopia
01 Sep 2016 10:06

Aha!

After a bit of digging around in this forum, I found a little bit of code that solves the problem, it seems to work for me so far with things disappearing anyways ...

(here's link to thread - http://www.mintjoomla.com/support/community-forum/user-item/1833-braza/48-cobalt-8/2429.html?start=20 )

I put this before </body> ...

<script>
var mHide = Element.prototype.hide;
var mSlide = Element.prototype.slide;

Element.implement({

hide: function () {
        if (this.is("[rel=tooltip]")) {
            return this;
        }
        mHide.apply(this, arguments);
    },

slide: function (v) {
        if (this.hasClass("carousel")) {
            return this;
        }
        mSlide.apply(this, v);
    }
});

</script>

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
01 Sep 2016 18:13

In many cases, the issues are related to elements with "tooltips" or "popovers". Latter ones are used in Joomla 3.6.+ ,
thus previous CSS fixes do no longer apply. The targeted classes/elements have to be adjusted. In general, most issues can be fixed by some CSS !important rules.