braza VIP
Total posts: 46
21 Jun 2013 03:26

HI,

I use Cobalt 8 with T3 Blank template, template compatibility is enabled.

Any element that have tooltip disappears along with its tooltip at mouse hover ended..

This might not be a Cobalt issue per se, but a conflict and you probably know where the root cause could be.

Or this kind of issues is resolved by "custom development"?

Hidden text

Last Modified: 06 Sep 2015

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
21 Jun 2013 06:34

Unfortunately this is not kind of issue I am even capable to reveal. I do not think I can find why. But it is obviously somewhere in template CSS files.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
21 Jun 2013 21:05

Confirmed. Seen this before, but I thought it was related to my nightly J! build, which is currently updated to bootstrap 2.3.2

BTW, Joomlart does not make any use of J!UI bootstrap. It does load the latest release from his own subfolder! This is also v2.3.2

Since J! 3.1.1 is still using his older JUI BS files... there is an incompatability with all newer BS JS files >2.3.x

AFAIK, it is advised to use data attributes for Tooltips and Popovers etc. No more REL, because it does not validate. It seems the latest Bootstrap.JS does not work with the older methods, or Cobalts syntax. On hover, the script seems to target the surrounding container and adds an inline CSS style of display: none !?! This hides the whole container element, not the Tooltip.

pepperstreet VIP
23 Jun 2013 18:44

Thanks for answering/sharing! But what is the solution actually? Pick up code changes from github and update...what? Bootstrap in Cobalt or?

A quick and dirty workaround and fix is to REPLACE the T3 bootstrap Javascript files. I did a quick test with previous bootstrap files in T3. Only the version 2.2.2 seems to show the tooltips. Not sure about further CSS issues, but I simply kept my CSS from v2.3.2

braza VIP
Total posts: 46
24 Jun 2013 17:40

Thanks for your efforts! Not sure how will I proceed, but you did a great investigative job.

pepperstreet VIP
09 Jul 2013 19:00

Conclusion: No matter if T3 V3 is used, or the up-coming J! core release with updated bootstrap JUI folder... THERE WILL BE ISSUES with Tooltips in Cobalt.

:O

23 Jul 2013 00:59

I have the same issue in popover and tooltip, somewhere in the code append "display:none;" I'm using t3 template. I discover the problem exist when i declare "JHtml::_('behavior.tooltip', $selector, $params);" in my custom component. I just comment it and solve the issue.

RonelM

londoh VIP
Total posts: 137
18 Aug 2013 12:06

Joomla 3.1.5, cobalt.latest

after some weeks with cobalt getting data structures setup and data imported I now come to layout.

I installed required Joomlart T3 template and hit this issue straight away - anything with a tooltip such as field elements with a filter link, or user controlBar elements disappear on mouseout.

for example on a text element in record list:

onmouseover the tooltip div is created correctly

and it's destroyed onmouseout.

But then also on mouseout the actual link

<a class="filter-link" ... </a>

is set to display: none and it disappears.

Cobalt tooltips work OK with protostar and seem ok with a quick test of a yootheme template.

It doesnt appear to happen with other components.

So afaik problem is with JA T3 + cobalt only.

And I'm guessing this is a mooltools / bs / J3 tooltips issue

Did any of you good people find a solution?

londoh VIP
19 Aug 2013 12:26

Sorry I should have read the whole thread more carefully - pepperstreet had it nailed

JAT3 uses standard bootstrap and the JUI version is modified in several places including tooltips code.

And as pepperstreet says swapping out t3 bs for jui version gets tooltips working.

But I dont know if it breaks something else.

@pepperstreet : have you tried this in any kind of production?

AFAIK, it is advised to use data attributes for Tooltips and Popovers etc. No more REL, because it does not validate

I agree

AFAIK, it is advised to use data attributes for Tooltips and Popovers etc. No more REL, because it does not validate

Everyone seems to cook his own soup

I agree

Everyone seems to cook his own soup

its so annoying and stupid!!! I really don´t get it.

and I agree with that too

(rant)

I understand why Bootstrap was brought into J3. But it seems to me it wasnt thought thru quite far enough and as it stands the whole Joomla3 BS/jQuery/Mootools/MT.more thing is a mess.

I've complained lots about the amount of css and js that a joomla page has to drag across the network. It can often be 1.5 mg - which imho is totally stupid. No web page needs nor should load that amount of junk.

(/rant)

I uploaded my first html pages over a 14.4k modem when a 15k page was huge! And I still worry about page size.

I guess I'm just old fashioned!

pepperstreet VIP
20 Aug 2013 14:25

Nope! Just local tests and tests and tests... that is only 1 reason and smaller issues I see with the current J!3 status, converted extensions and template frameworks. I really want to build something... BUT i have my concerns and principles in quality. I simply can´t suggest J!3, nor deliver a project to a customer, yet! Period. Although, I am still full of confidence.

@Sergey and @Sackgesicht

I know, you are going to comment on my opinion ;-)

And I still worry about page size.

I guess I'm just old fashioned!

Nope, you are soooo right. I totally agree with you!

pepperstreet VIP
22 Aug 2013 15:40

BS v3.0.0 is out and Template providers seem to jump on the train! At least "Blank.vc Template" and also Joomlart T3 will include and support BS v3. Maybe all providers with external bootstrap files are going to switch... :) :O :S

Welcome to the jungle ;-) I am soooo curious about the up-coming glitches and incompatibilities! Cross all your fingers and start to pray.

londoh VIP
22 Aug 2013 16:16

Cross all your fingers and start to pray.

I think so :D

I put a smiley face - but actually its not funny at all really

londoh VIP
22 Aug 2013 17:11

I got this working, heres a few notes about what I figured out

Conclusion: No matter if T3 V3 is used, or the up-coming J! core release with updated bootstrap JUI folder... THERE WILL BE ISSUES with Tooltips in Cobalt.

Well for sure rel="tooltips" doesnt validate. But its seems BS addressed that issue in 2.3.2 because as fair I can tell the syntax has changed to data-toggle="tooltip"

Therefore cobalt needs a simple search and replace of rel="tooltips" with data-toggle="tooltip"

So I wrote a basic Joomla plugin to do this [attached]

The main reason I hit problems is there is conflict with mootools.

So 2 options to fix that: either turn mootools off (which it looks like I can do this on cobalt pages anyway)

or set show=null for the element as snippet below

with 2.3.2 std inline html isnt parsed in tip as default.

add a bit of js to set some options and switch it on

<script> ( function($) { //it seems bs 2.3.2 std sets html to false so I need to turn it on var opts = { html: true }; //delay: { show: 500, hide: 500}, //console.log(opts); //if mootools is loaded do this... //$('[rel="tooltip"]').tooltip(opts).each(function(){this.show = null}); //else this $('[data-toggle="tooltip"]').tooltip(opts); }) (jQuery); </script>

so with these mods all seems to work ok in my dev server.

Sergey
23 Aug 2013 00:02

Welcome to the jungle I am soooo curious about the up-coming glitches and incompatibilities! Cross all your fingers and start to pray.

This is so simple to incorporate bootstrap into Joomla universal way. So that everyone can use it. But Joomla devs again created a mess out of nothing. Bootstrap was so promising but now I feel frustrated.

pepperstreet VIP
04 Oct 2013 09:58

BS v3.0.0 is out and Template providers seem to jump on the train! At least "Blank.vc Template" and also Joomlart T3 will include and support BS v3. Maybe all providers with external bootstrap files are going to switch... :O

Welcome to the jungle I am soooo curious about the up-coming glitches and incompatibilities! Cross all your fingers and start to pray.

FYI and comments:

Bootstrap 3.0 and the T3 Template framework for Joomla roadmap

Sergey
07 Oct 2013 05:50

I do not care how other devs are planning to incorporate TB3. I will not add support until Joomla officially does it.

pepperstreet VIP
16 Oct 2013 16:27

Well for sure rel="tooltips" doesnt validate. But its seems BS addressed that issue in 2.3.2 because as fair I can tell the syntax has changed to data-toggle="tooltip"

Therefore cobalt needs a simple search and replace of rel="tooltips" with data-toggle="tooltip"

@Sergey

Did you consider to make this changes in Cobalt core?!

As long as Mootools comes with Joomla, we have to try any possible solution.

As I mentioned in my previous comment, it seems to be recommended to use data-toggle.

I have the same issue in popover and tooltip, somewhere in the code append "display:none;" I'm using t3 template. I discover the problem exist when i declare "JHtml::_('behavior.tooltip', $selector, $params);" in my custom component. I just comment it and solve the issue.

RonelM

I tried the smart removal of MooTools with the following plugins: - jQuery Easy (actually my favorite, but special mootools parameter has no effect. Will contact developer) - MooTools Enabler/Disabler

MooTools Enabler/Disabler does the trick for the tooltip issue and hidden elements! :)

Unfortunately, more Cobalt feature refuse to work i.e. form buttons dimmed! no save no cancel etc., sorting not working, template switcher not working :(

Does it all rely on MooTools ?!? I thought Cobalt8 is J30 addicted... i think it is time to get rid of MooTools completely. Why do Cobalt form actions, sorting and switcher need MooTools!?

pepperstreet VIP
16 Oct 2013 17:13

So 2 options to fix that: either turn mootools off (which it looks like I can do this on cobalt pages anyway)

add a bit of JS to set some options and switch it on

so with these mods all seems to work ok in my dev server.

Attachments: plg_cobalttips.zip

Only the advanced search icon is fixed with your active plugin/script. :)

Unfortunately, the Submit type dropdown for multiple types has issues, If the submit link has a tooltip! i.e. submission for registered users have a tooltip.

Also the tags-module has serious issues. Tags disappear after mouse-hover :(

londoh VIP
16 Oct 2013 17:29

As long as Mootools comes with Joomla, we have to try any possible solution.

there is a GSOC project to remove mootools from J3 which has been completed successfully and I'm pretty sure (and hoping) it will go into 3.2 which is out soon - maybe end of this month. So mt will be gone from J3 soon enough.

My opinion for what its worth is I dont much care which JS (or css or whatever) framework I have to work with - I like mootools I love jQuery, either will do. But I dont my sites forced to load both. Whoever makes these decisions: Should consider carefully, have a vote if you want but at the end of it make a decision choose 1 and make it work.

I feel a rant coming on so I'm gonna stop now :((

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
16 Oct 2013 18:49

i really wonder why and what parts in Cobalt have to rely on it?!

Several essential fields .. everything using the upload (MooUpload) like uploads or gallery field , the date and time field (mooDatePicker) etc ...

Sergey
17 Oct 2013 01:28

But why does the general Cobalt form submission; sorting order; and template switcher require MooTools ?

Because they use standard Joomla javascript Joomla.submitbutton('filters.add') and this standard Joomla JS class still require MooTools.

But why does the general Cobalt form submission; sorting order; and template switcher require MooTools ?

Somehow, I feel Cobalt8 is stucking in a never-ending beta phase. Which lasts simply too long. A cool super-versatile product like Cobalt does not deserve a "bad reputation".

This is strange feelings. Cobalt 8 stated to be stable. I mean therу are of course a lot to do and advance but it may definitely work in production environment.