dlbass93 VIP
Total posts: 44
27 May 2013 10:34

http://928registry.928oc.org/registry

I would like to change the default sort to the Year/Model field, so that the cars are listed from oldest to newest by car age, and not the age of the post.

Can I do this?

Thanks,

Last Modified: 15 Jun 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
27 May 2013 23:11

Unfortunately there is no default ordering by field.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
28 May 2013 01:15

default ordering by field

A must-have, IMHO. (was already mentioned and requested in other topics)

Related topic

Default Ordering - manual order and by custom field - respective section parameters

dlbass93 default sort to the Year/Model field, so that the cars are listed from oldest to newest by car age, and not the age of the post.

Possible workaround (in your particular case)

If you don´t need core dates for any other purpose, you might use the date&time field to override one of the core dates. Than use this with custom output format to show the year only.

Just had a quick look onto your site... Then you have to store the "Model" as a separate field.

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
28 May 2013 05:54

Derrik,

an option would be the date & time field with the override option for the creation date as pepperstreet mentioned above.

If you don't show the field in intro and full view, you will not need a customized template.

I would even remove the year from your year/model field and leave it as model (you indicate the year in your title already). The other advantage is that you can sort by model now...

You can change the sort label also to something better ...

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
29 May 2013 02:15

A must-have, IMHO

Agree. It is in the list for Cobalt 9.

dlbass93 VIP
06 Jun 2013 18:38

Sorry for not responding for a week. I am going to attempt to do this. Thanks!

dlbass93 VIP
07 Oct 2013 21:25

I wound up doing it by sorting by title, and having Cobalt set the title to Year Model Market ProductionNumber. Works like a charm, and it was easy :D