degarrin VIP
Total posts: 33
21 Mar 2015 22:14

Hello. I tried installing the forum pack and had some issues. The install said that it was successful. However, a menu item was not created and there isn't a section or type. When I go to the Extension Manager, I do see the Forum Pack listed, but without version or date information cobalt_forum.JPG. Also, after installing the forum pack, I now have duplicate items for some of them, also without version or date information cobalt_error.JPG. I made sure I updloaded the latest version of Cobalt and even tried uninstalling/reinstalling the forum, with the same results. Uninstalling the forum pack did not remove the duplicates of the plugins however.

I've installed packs before without issue, as I use JoomBoost often. So this is the first time I've had something like this happen. Any ideas? I hate the thought of having to uninstall/reinstall from scratch, although I have backups of course.

Thank You

Last Modified: 31 Mar 2015

andiamine VIP
Total posts: 295
21 Mar 2015 22:57

yes already reported, cobalt not yet tested in 3.4, sergey said will do later.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
23 Mar 2015 03:57

We are going to test 3.4 with Cobalt this week.

andiamine VIP
23 Mar 2015 13:49

degarrin VIP
Total posts: 33
24 Mar 2015 01:35

Ah, got it Andi, thanks for the info! And thanks Sergey, for the upcoming 3.4 testing.

So, the best way for me to fix this in the meantime? I don't want to revert my site back to Joomla 3.3.6, especially for the short time it will take Sergey to test and all. Uninstalling the forum pack is no problem, I've already done it. But the duplication of the files is worrisome. I can take the references out of the database manually and clean it up, but I'd like to make sure that the duplicated files aren't really there (I can't imagine they would be, but still). I can't find them in the plugin files, which directory are the actual files in? They were mostly comment-related files it looked like.

Also, Sergey, for your testing, something we noticed after the Joomla 3.4.1/Cobalt 8.644 combo upgrade was that this message now appears after someone logs in (it would show the values too):

Message User ID : Name :Administrator Username : Email : Cookie Name: Cookie Value :

I thought it might have been something that got changed in the latest Joomla upgrade, but I couldn't find anything about it.

Thank You! Angela

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
24 Mar 2015 14:36

Sergey We are going to test 3.4 with Cobalt this week.

Sorry, I did not notice the Pack/Installer issue earlier. I would have report it. Actually I had 2 local J! demo installations upgraded to 3.4.RC1, then 3.4.0, and now 3.4.1

Overall there were no issues with Cobalt's basic functionality. I just did not use and test the Packer tool :( ;)

BTW, what about the official Demo site? Wasn't it the plan and purpose to test any new J! releases? At least 3.4 is very important, since it is a new .x release! In the future, major versions should be tested immediately! I mean, that is the whole purpose of the BETA and RC cycles.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
30 Mar 2015 08:56

They changed convention of installation file class name again. this do not bring any new functioanaly or advantage. It jsut creates this kind of problems.

andiamine VIP
31 Mar 2015 17:38

ah ok thanks for this info, hope they will not change it again in future.