• Home
  • Support
  • Forum
  • Emerald 9
  • feature request: A "Custom Message" below the standard description on subscription history list page

baijianpeng VIP
Total posts: 239
14 Mar 2017 23:06

I created a menu item for "subscription history" and named it "My Subscriptions", so that users can click on that menu item (on "user menu") to see his own subscriptions.

However, there is only the standard description from Emerald for each record of subscription on the "subscription history" page. There is no "download link" and similar link. That is to say, the subscriber only knows which subscription is active at present, he can not know "what did I got via this subscription".

If you can not understand this problem, let me give you an example:

There are many files for downloading in the "Download" area of the website, and the Admin had set up many plans, each plan for different file downloading. If the subscriber want to find out the file he are permitted to download via his subscription, he has to go to the "Download" area and search the file title, since there are too many files he can not land on the exact detail page of his download.

If we put the download link just below the subscription record on the "subscription history" page, the subscriber will never need to remember the file title, he just click on the download link (may shown as "my downloads") then he will see the detail page which showing him the "Download" button.

Since not every plan is for "downloading" operation, I think a "Custom Message" is better than a fixed "my download" link. For such a "Custom Message", it can be defined when creating the plan, if the plan is about something for downloading. If the plan is not for downloading (for example: only restrict the access to forum topics), the Admin will not need to input a downloading link into the "Custom Message" field.

Hope you will add this good feature.

Thank you.

Last Modified: 26 Aug 2022

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
15 Mar 2017 07:09

I can see the problem.

In Emerald 10 there is test in subscription History field right under description. you can place there descriptions and links to restricted material.

killersmile
Total posts: 121
26 Aug 2022 12:39

Great site i love it keep posting more! shed builders