baijianpeng VIP
Total posts: 239
18 Jun 2016 13:09

Sometimes I want to collect some information from user when he purchasing a subscription, or, the user may want to send some message to the site Admin when purchasing a subscription. So I think an extra "user comment" field (textarea) on the order summary page (before submitting the order) is a good solution to this issue.

With this new field, the user can input some text before submitting the order. When he successfully got his subscription, his commenting texts will be shown beside other informatin such as "start date" and "ending date" , both the user himself and the site Admin can see that text. And this comment text can NOT be modified again after the subscription activated.

Thank you.

Last Modified: 20 Jun 2016

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
20 Jun 2016 01:30

baijianpeng With this new field, the user can input some text before submitting the order.

Should be possible with Emerald v10 and extra fields feature. Currently there are two types, one of them is "note". Could be optional or required.

Emerald v10 - Extra Fields manager

em10_extra_fields

Emerald v10 - Extra Fields during purchase

em10_extra_fields_before_payment

When he successfully got his subscription, his commenting texts will be shown beside other informatin such as "start date" and "ending date" , both the user himself and the site Admin can see that text

Good point. Would be nice to have options where extra fields are displayed. ACL can be set already, but I am not sure where display of extra fields is planned or possible. @Sergey ?

baijianpeng VIP
Total posts: 239
20 Jun 2016 06:16

Glad to hear this. Thank you!