baijianpeng VIP
Total posts: 239
17 Jun 2016 18:48

On the "configuration" page of Emerald backend, there is an option named "Country". Users can select the country name from a drop-down list.

However, those country names on that drop-down list were not included into the language file, so country names are shown as:

COUNTRY_AF

COUNTRY_AX

COUNTRY_CN

I think showing country names in this way is not friendly.

You should add them into language file so that they can be translated.

I know I can manually add those code one by one into the language file and then translate them like:

COUNTRY_CN="中国"

But, this is not easy to add all of them. And it is also not easy to guess what does AL or AX mean. So please add those country name codes into the language file and give them initial translations in English language, such as:

COUNTRY_CN="China"

Then I will know what is what, and translate them easily.

Thank you.

Last Modified: 29 Jun 2016

hakana VIP
Total posts: 425
17 Jun 2016 19:57

Sergey this is very urgent. My system is in Turkish, and all the country names and cities disappeared and turned out to be language strings. Please either put a setting exception for this so that it either reads the items from the database as before or create a solution for us immediately.

hakana VIP
17 Jun 2016 20:05

Sergey,

I didn't like this change. I was using the states field as city so far. Now, all of a sudden another city field appeared and I dont want to use this city field. All my reporting system and the data I stored was according to the previous system. I don't know what will happen after a new subscription is being sold. I am totally upset about this radical infrastructure change. Please advise. Reverting this change seems to be the best option for now. Or do not make the city field mandatory, so that I can hide it and keep using the state field as city as before...

Also, as baijanbeing says, How can I translate each country state one by one and put them into the language file?

If possible give us an option to use either the values from the database or from the language file so that we can still use the old system.

Also, if possible, please add some settings in the admin area so that we can define wihich fields will appear in the invoice form. For example I am hiding the phone field by using css. I cannot hide the new city field by using css because it is mandatory.

hakana VIP
17 Jun 2016 20:20

I am volenteer to work with you for a short while to solve this urgent issue. The invoice form is totally messed up now and I cannot sell any susbscriptions now. Thank you for your cooperation.

hakana VIP
17 Jun 2016 20:33

On top, I have added the language strings manually, they don't work. For example I have added COUNTRY_TR="Türkiye" but I still see the language constant. Not the translation. Many issues with this update. Please fix ASAP.

I am now totally going back to an older version to fix the issues. In the meanwhile I am open to discuss the issues with you online if you like.

hakana VIP
17 Jun 2016 21:01

I reverted to the pkg_emerald.j3.v.9.410.zip version but I still have an additional sity field in the invoice form.

How can I make this additional city field disappear?

city

I am very upset with this change so would like to chat with you a little bit and show you the drawbacks or the issues of it.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards, Hakan

hakana VIP
17 Jun 2016 21:32

I have manually updated the invoiceto.xml file and deleted the city field. And it worked. But when a new update comes the changes I have made will be overwritten I guess... Can you create us a new way to hide this additional city field? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Also, the phone field on this file was repeated twice. Please delete the second one.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
21 Jun 2016 05:20

Country fixed. If there is no translation it will show default.

hakana VIP
21 Jun 2016 06:33

What about hiding the additional city field Sergey? If I delete the line from XML, after an update will it come back? Do you have a permanent solution for which fields to display and which fields to hide on the form? Is there a way to use template override for Emerald XML files?

And another question, is it causing a lot of slowing down adding a lot of if statemenst in the code to check every country and state?

Kind regards,
Hakan

Sergey
22 Jun 2016 14:59

If you require invoice, city have to be entered.

hakana And another question, is it causing a lot of slowing down adding a lot of if statemenst in the code to check every country and state?

Cannot get it. Adding what statements?

hakana VIP
22 Jun 2016 17:47

So what is the best way to hide the city field without causing any problems? Do I have to overwrite the xml file every time I update Emerald. Do you have any other solution for this? I am using the states filed as city field. It looks more artistic and the city names are always in the same format. So I would like to use the state filed as the city field.

Sergey
23 Jun 2016 04:34

hakana Do I have to overwrite the xml file every time I update Emerald.

Looks like so.

hakana Do you have any other solution for this?

Advanced invoice form parameters which will tell which field to use and which not, which one is required and so on. That would take some time if I decide to to that.

hakana So I would like to use the state filed as the city field.

You mean it should be dropdown?

hakana VIP
23 Jun 2016 10:47

Advanced invoice form parameters which will tell which field to use and which not, which one is required and so on. That would take some time if I decide to to that.

I would really appreciate if you can add this feature at least to Emerald 10.

You mean it should be dropdown?

No I am not saying that it should be a dropdown. (I am saying that it should be optional :-) ) . What I am saying is, I don't want to use your textbox city field. I am already using the state dropdown as city field.

hakana And another question, is it causing a lot of slowing down adding a lot of if statemenst in the code to check every country and state?

Cannot get it. Adding what statements?

There are hundreds of state and country names. So you have to run hundreds of IF queries to check if each of them exists in the language file. My question was, is running hundreds of if statements slown down the page load or not.

Is it possible to upload or send me the latest version? Because when I reverted to the older version, I have lost the REMAININGDAYS feature.

Thank you very much.

Sergey
29 Jun 2016 04:03

hakana Is it possible to upload or send me the latest version? Because when I reverted to the older version, I have lost the REMAININGDAYS feature.

I'll post updates today.