baijianpeng VIP
Total posts: 239
26 May 2016 02:46

One user clicked the "offline purchase" button of the subscription, then Emerald created a new record for that subscription but NOT activated. But he did not finish the payment on the same day of creating that record. Several days later, he payed me via offline method. Now I need to manually activate his subscription.

I did it in this way: open Emerald page at frontend, find his un-activated subscription item on the list, and click on the item title to open the detail page (form). On the form, I had to choose "today" as the start date because he just payed me today, and choose the end date according to the plan settings. Of course I also changed the status from "unpublished" to "published". Then I click "Save" button, I saw that the red cross turned to green tick now. But, there is a yellow exclamation mark before that record.

Why there is a yellow exclamation mark? How to remove it? Does this exclamation mark will affect any function of his scubscription?

Thank you.

Last Modified: 17 Jun 2016

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
26 May 2016 16:07

When you activate subscription just publish it from the list. When you edit it, the publish process is not triggered. You just change published property.

baijianpeng VIP
27 May 2016 14:12

Ok, I checked again, and found that the subscription which I had already edited to "publish" is still on the "Waits for manual activation" list , on the Emerald frontend Control Panel page. I had to click the button "Activate" to make that subscription "alive".

However, this "Waits for manual activation" list ONLY contains latest 10 records. Oftenly, some user on my website just click on the "offline purchase" button but they did not finish the payment. That means, my "Waits for manual activation" list is very long, not only 10.

Now, let us imagine such a situation: one user clicked the "offline purchase" button, and forgot or fail to pay it. After several days, maybe several weeks, his records (which of course is not activated) on the "Waits for manual activation" list will be pushed out, because during those days, some other users also clicked the "offline purchase" button and created new records on that list, which will push his records down and down and then out the list.

Well, one day, after his records had been pushed out the "Waits for manual activation" list, he finished his payment via offline method. Now, I need to activate his subscription. But, since his records is not in the latest 10 records, how can I find it and click the "activate" button for it?

So, I think you need to improve this "Waits for manual activation" list feature. Very simple: just add "pagination" and "filter box" to this list, so I can quickly find his former un-payed records and activate it for him when he finish offline payment, though it may be a month after that records was created.

Thank you.

Sergey
30 May 2016 05:07

You can go to sales and there you can see all the users with exclamation mark. Activate button is the same as publish button in the sale row. It is literraly the same code.

I'll try to add filter to show only not activated in the sales list, when I come back from Joomla!Day Moscow.

baijianpeng VIP
05 Jun 2016 01:17

Please notice that I had described the process I performed on the "sales" list. There is no "activate" button, only a "publish" button. This "publish" button works different than the "activate" button on the "Waits for manual activation" list.

If you can add a fileter (filter by username/userID/user real name) on the "Waits for manual activation" list of Emerald Control Panel, this problem will be solved easily.

Thank you.

Sergey
05 Jun 2016 14:53

baijianpeng Please notice that I had described the process I performed on the "sales" list. There is no "activate" button, only a "publish" button. This "publish" button works different than the "activate" button on the "Waits for manual activation" list.

Those buttons looks dirrefent but it is the same Emerald task.

Just use publish button in sales list.

If you look dashboard source you can see <input type="hidden" name="task" value="emsales.publish" />. this is exactly what happen when you submit activation. It triggers publish task from emsales view.

baijianpeng VIP
13 Jun 2016 05:48

Well, I DO had tried the "publish" button on "sales" list, but the result is: the subscription was activated but there added a "yellow exclamation mark" before the item on that list.

I just wonder: why there is an extra yellow exclamation mark before the item?

What does that exclamation mark mean? There is no legend for that icon.

Sergey
17 Jun 2016 15:46

baijianpeng exclamation mark mean?

It should mean that it is not yet activated.