baijianpeng VIP
Total posts: 239
03 May 2016 08:34

I noticed that there is a list of countries and states on Emerald frontend. But I have no idea how to use these country and states?

Last Modified: 18 May 2016

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
05 May 2016 16:08

If you enable invoicing in global emerald parameters, users will have to enter addresses. When they enter addresses, this is what they get.

baijianpeng VIP
05 May 2016 22:35

Understood now.

Thank you.

At the same time, I noticed that those states of my country were not listed in our native language, all in English. I know I can enter that list and edit each item to translate the state name one by one, but it is very tedious.

How about put those countries and states names in language file, so that I can translate them, and only need to translate them once, then I can use them on more Joomla websites?

Thank you.

Sergey
06 May 2016 08:38

baijianpeng How about put those countries and states names in language file, so that I can translate them, and only need to translate them once, then I can use them on more Joomla websites?

In what places you what states to be translated?

baijianpeng VIP
06 May 2016 14:19

When the user want an invoice, he need to choose the states from a list, right? On that list, the state name will be shown in English language, right? But this is not friendly for Chinese people. They want to see Chinese states names in Chinese language.

Thank you.

Sergey
10 May 2016 06:16

Added to next version you wil be able to add language keys STATE_** where ** is the state short name in SQL table. For instance STATE_CN-JL

baijianpeng VIP
18 May 2016 00:40

Great!