baijianpeng VIP
Total posts: 239
30 Mar 2016 12:58

My Emerald version is v9.397. For a plan, I set to assign specific Kunena forum rank if purchased.

Well, several days ago, one subscription of this plan expired. Yestoday he renewed, via "offline" payment, without clicking the "buy now" button on Emerald, just offline payment. I can get his username from the "comment" message of offline payment.

Then I login to Emerald frontend, I noticed that this user's former subscription was marked as "expired". So I just open it and changed the "end date" to a new date, make it active, and saved it.

Then the user said to me, he got "download permission" of download system, but his rank on Kunena forum was not changed to "Paid Member".

Maybe this is a bug?

Or did I do something wrong when renew his subscription manually?

Thank you.

Last Modified: 19 Apr 2016

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
31 Mar 2016 13:05

May be something went wrong. Why it was created expired? Makes no sense.

Please update to latest version, perhaps this wil be fixed.

To add rank to this user, edit DB entrly of this subscrption and set activated to 0 and then Actions will be triggered again.

baijianpeng VIP
18 Apr 2016 00:57

Today I read another post of yours about "new record for renew", now I think maybe this issue is related to my operation of renew: I did not create a NEW record of subscription, I just edited the expired one and re-set its expiration date to make it re-active. Since the user paid via off-line method without click on Emerald's purchase button, so there is no new record created automatically.

Well, if you prefer to use "new record" for re-new, I suggest to "lock down" the expired subscription so that no one, even the Super User, can edit it, unless edit the DB Table row. So the site admin has to create a new subscription for "renew".

Though I personally prefer to use "re-active the expired one for re-new" method, I can accept your decision.

Thank you.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
19 Apr 2016 07:01

baijianpeng I suggest to "lock down" the expired subscription so that no one, even the Super User, can edit it, unless edit the DB Table row.

Edit is not recommended but sometimes needed. So I want super admin to be able to make any adjustment.

baijianpeng Though I personally prefer to use "re-active the expired one for re-new" method, I can accept your decision.

That might look neat and clean in backend but will create a mess. Every transaction has it's uniquie number. If i update old record I have to update that number. it means old number will be lost. I meanit is hard for invoicing.

baijianpeng VIP
19 Apr 2016 11:21

Ok, understand now.

I will use "new record" for re-new.