baijianpeng VIP
Total posts: 239
18 Mar 2016 16:37

Usually we set a fixed length for subsciprtion lifetime, such as 1 year, or 6 months. Thank to the developers, I noticed that Emerald allows to set a fixed expiration date, this means the lifetime of subscription will be "dynamic" when time passing by.

Ok, I happened to need such a type of subscription today. So I used this type, set an "End exactly on" date. Of course I leave the above perioed field empty, where we used to input a number to indicate the fixed length.

But, on the frontend "plan list" page, this plan shows the period in a wrong format. It shows " year" , no number, just the time unit "year". I think, it should show the exact ending date which I had set in the plan settings, instead of showing a time unit there.

See attached screenshot.

emerald-period-setting

I think this is a bug. ( I am running Emerald v9.392 ).

Please fix it. Thank you.

Last Modified: 26 Apr 2016

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
23 Mar 2016 08:53

FOr exact date you have to enter both dates. It will not work correctly with only one date. This period is designed for conferences. For example there will be Online Webinar take place from 2016/02/01 to 2016/02/05. So you know exact start and end dates.

baijianpeng VIP
23 Mar 2016 09:31

Ok, I understand your description about "online meetings". However, I now need a special subscription plan type:

1. The expiration date is fixed, for example: 2017-Apr-30
  2. From the current day on, eacy day, any time, the user an purchase a subscribe, but his subscription will nodoubtly ended on above expiration date.
  3. Yes, you can see that some one come latter, got less/shorter valid period. But we do have such a special request. The subscriber will see this special description and he will accept that if he decide to join the plan.

For such a special type , I can not define the "starting date", because any day before the ending date is a valid beginning day. I can only set the end date.

So I think , if Emerald allows me to only set the end date, then showing "End on 2017-Apr-30" as the period instead of current "1 year", this is exactly what I need.

Please consider to modify the Online Conferrence type to support such a special need.

Thank you.

Sergey
23 Mar 2016 14:29

I added scenario if only end date is eneterd subscription starts from now or last subscription and end on that date.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
23 Mar 2016 16:18

baijianpeng For such a special type , I can not define the "starting date", because any day before the ending date is a valid beginning day. I can only set the end date. Please consider to modify the Online Conferrence type to support such a special need.

Not too special. Makes sense to me as well. ;)

Sergey I added scenario if only end date is eneterd subscription starts from now or last subscription and end on that date.

+1

baijianpeng VIP
27 Mar 2016 14:01

Great ! I will test with the new feature and feedback again.

Sergey
30 Mar 2016 12:58

Looking forward...

baijianpeng VIP
18 Apr 2016 01:20

I installed the latest v9.402 version of Emerald. This issue is not solved. On my plan list, the "period" line still show a single word "year" (in my native language) without number, but what I expected is to show the exact ending date of that plan.

Well, I think you need to re-code the period settings to make this more rational.

1. You need to add a new parameter "Period Type", with two (maybe more if someone else found it) options: Fixed Length , and, Fixed Expiration Date.

2. Currently you just directly show these two types there. That is confusing. Replace them with conditional options: if the Admin choose "Fixed Length" on above "Period Type" parameter, then show him ONLY the length input box and its dropdown list of time unit (hour, day, month, year). If the Admin choose "Fixed Expiration Date", then show him ONLY the date input box with a calendar picking button. This is a conditional option, so these two kind of period will NOT show up simultaneously.

3. Maybe you want to also give an option to set the "starting date", well, just add a new option (field type: radio selection): "Actived from" , with two options: "immediately after suucess purchase", and "specify the starting date/time".

Maybe after such a re-factory, this feature will be better.

Thank you.

Sergey
19 Apr 2016 06:53

baijianpeng I installed the latest v9.402 version of Emerald. This issue is not solved. On my plan list, the "period" line still show a single word "year" (in my native language) without number, but what I expected is to show the exact ending date of that plan.

This is place wheer I forget to add changes. I'll do it.

baijianpeng Maybe after such a re-factory, this feature will be better.

I was planning to refactor it in Emerald 10.

baijianpeng VIP
19 Apr 2016 11:22

Glad to know it, thank you.

Sergey
22 Apr 2016 16:35

Updated Emerald today.

baijianpeng VIP
24 Apr 2016 03:29

I just updated to the latest v9.403 version, now the "period length" word shows correctly with fixed ending date.

That is good.

However, also found a minor bug:

You had put the language Key for this new feature to Admin language file, but it can not work for frontend plans list.

So you also need to put it in the frontend language file, this Key:

EMR_PERIOD_DATETO="Ends on %s"

Thank you.

Sergey
26 Apr 2016 13:27

Fixed.