baijianpeng VIP
Total posts: 239
05 Dec 2015 15:09

When setting up the Payment Gateway for a plan, on the Payment Gateway tab, the first parameter is:

Message to show gateways buttons

What does this mean? Is that:

1. some text that will shown on the payment gateway buttons; or
  2. some text that will shown beside/after the payment gateway buttons

It seems the answer is 2, because in my test, the words I filled in that option was shown after all my payment gateways, in the same line.

I don't understand the purpose of this option. What is the use of those text shown after the buttons?

If those texts were shown BEFORE the buttons, I know that could be some Intro Text which will tell the user what to do next.

But, when shown after the buttons, I don't know what should I say. So I just leave it empty. What a waste ! It could be useful if you arrange it before the buttons.

Maybe I missed something? Please correct me.

Thank you.

Last Modified: 14 Dec 2015

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
07 Dec 2015 11:23

I have moved it before buttons.

baijianpeng VIP
07 Dec 2015 14:28

Great!

Thank you.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
08 Dec 2015 14:38

Sergey I have moved it before buttons.

What if another user wants it after? ;)
Maybe better to have the option to show before/after.
Or supply two parameters: One as pre-text and one for post-text. Often found in module paramaters.

BTW, does it render and show content plugins?

Sergey
09 Dec 2015 04:18

pepperstreet BTW, does it render and show content plugins?

No, content plugins are not applied to this text. At least it didn't untill next update.

pepperstreet VIP
10 Dec 2015 00:15

Sergey At least it didn't untill next update.

Haha, nice answer! ;)

Actually, the main reason I am asking is to load a module or moduleposition in those areas.
What about adding default module positions in general? i.e. em-payment-before , em-payment-after ...
Same idea for other Emerald views/pages. Just with another unique position name.
Would also make sense in Cobalt templates ;)
You may know this feature from EasySocial and JomSocial.

Sergey
10 Dec 2015 05:22

That would be nice I think. I have to think where and what modules.

baijianpeng VIP
10 Dec 2015 12:30

What about adding default module positions in general? i.e. em-payment-before , em-payment-after ...

Same idea for other Emerald views/pages. Just with another unique position name.

Great idea!

+1 from me.

hakana VIP
Total posts: 425
10 Dec 2015 13:37

Actually it was me who wanted that option. Because in Turkey, I have to explain the users that the payment gateway is secure. But if we put it before the payment buttons, it becomes distructive for the users. I still prefer it below the buttons though :-) So maybe there could be an option below or above the buttons? I dont want the module position because depending on if there is a credit card payment button or not, the message content changes. Just FYI. So the previous version was the optimum for me.

pepperstreet VIP
10 Dec 2015 17:35

hakana So maybe there could be an option below or above the buttons?

Yep, totally agree. Doesn't make sense to change the position to one fixed location only.

baijianpeng VIP
12 Dec 2015 01:30

Well, the "two options, one for pre-text and one for post-text" is better than "select one from two options".

And the best solution is also assign native module positions before and after those buttons.

For example, in China, I need to write something before those buttons to tell the user which payment gateway they should choose and how to.

hakana VIP
Total posts: 425
12 Dec 2015 07:44

baijanpeng, why do you need both of the text fields, above and below? Are you going to use them both? Why don't you like having an option "above or below the buttons?"

baijianpeng VIP
13 Dec 2015 01:51

Though I myself don't need both above and below custom texts, but I think, maybe some else will need to show custom texts above and below at the same time. So, it is a better choice to offer such an option. If no text input, that area will be "hidden". Then if you need just one position, this will not affect you, just leave another position input box empty.

Sergey
14 Dec 2015 11:37

I'll add it in Emerald 10.