baijianpeng VIP
Total posts: 239
04 Dec 2015 08:06

hi,

Today is the first time my Emerald got an online subscription, but, the payment can not be finished because it did not transfer the correct price to PayPal.

Let me explain the problem:

When setting up the plan, I set the price number as "100", and the sign of price is "¥", this means the RMB currency of China (Chinese Yuan).

However, when the user click on the "PayPal" button, it will ask the user to pay "USD $100" via PayPal!

Apparently this is a bug. Emerald did NOT recognized my ¥ symbol for Chinese Yuan (RMB) currency.

So I think maybe you should not allow manually input of currency sign, just list all those sings and let the user to choose, this will not give the user a chance to make a mistake.

Please fix this as soon as possible because this bug will scare my members away.

Thank you.

Last Modified: 14 Dec 2015

baijianpeng VIP
04 Dec 2015 10:41

It is necessary to add a new parameter "currency" beside the "currency symbol", and let the user choose his currency from a list, instead of input manually.

Because, the China Yuan and the Japan Yuan use the same symbol "¥", but the currency rate between them is nearly 20!

See: World Currency Symbols

Jeff VIP
Total posts: 745
04 Dec 2015 10:53

Hi baijianpeng,

did you set the PayPal currency in your plan settings?

Edit plan > Payment Gateways > Settings

You will see a dropdown list and I'm sure there's the Japanese Yen.

baijianpeng VIP
04 Dec 2015 12:31

Well, this time I noticed that there is one "Transaction currency" parameter for each payment gateway. Sorry for did not notice it earlier.

However, on the settings of PayPal gateway, the "Transaction currency" drop down list does not contain "Chinese Yuan", what kind of Transaction currency should I choose for PayPal while my price is for Chinese Yuan?

Jeff VIP
Total posts: 745
04 Dec 2015 22:33

I mistakenly read Japanese Yuan, my bad...

You are right, no Chinese Yuan in the dropdown list. Definitely something Sergey has to add!

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
07 Dec 2015 11:33

This is PayPal supported currencies list.

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/currency_codes/

I do not see any Chinese Yuan there.

baijianpeng VIP
07 Dec 2015 14:55

Well, now I believe that PayPal did not allow Chinese Yuan in currencies list.

Then , comes the problem: What kind of currency should I choose for PayPal gateway?

Look, in the "Price" field of the plan, I had input "100". That is only a number. If I choose "Chinese Yuan" on Alipay gateway tab, this 100 number means "100 Chinese Yuan", if I choose "USD" on PayPal gateway, this 100 number means "100 USD".

My God! Do you see the difference here? The same naumber, which was expected to mean the same price, but worked as two different prices acturally!

Do you remember I had request to "set diffrent price (number) for each payment gateway"? You refused my suggestion on that topic, you said that is unfair.

OK, let us solve this problem now: how can I choose the currency for PayPal gateway when I had choose "Chinese Yuan" for Alipay gateway?

Do you see the problem here? Any one, any selection on the PayPal gateway tab for the currency, is UNFAIR at all ! Because, you can not choose Chinse Yuan there, and no one other currency equals the value as Chinese Yuan!

Can we now discuss the possibility of the former topic about "set (different) number (price) for each payment gateway"? I think this is the best solution to solve this problem:

1. You move the "price" field to the "Payment Gateway" settings, each gateway will have its own "price' field.
  2. I can set 100 as the price and choose "Chinese Yuan" as the currency for Alipay gaetway.
  3. Then I open PayPal gateway and set "100/6.3=15.87" as the price and choose "USD" as the currency, where 6.3 is the exchange rate between Chinese Yuan and USD.

I think this is the fair way.

Do you have better solution?

Sergey
09 Dec 2015 07:49

baijianpeng My God! Do you see the difference here? The same naumber, which was expected to mean the same price, but worked as two different prices acturally!

I can see that. Basicaly the designed was that you accept all gateways the same currency. Make it USD it is universal.

baijianpeng Do you remember I had request to "set diffrent price (number) for each payment gateway"? You refused my suggestion on that topic, you said that is unfair.

Yes I rememner that suggestion but I do тещ remember that I reffer to this idea as unfair. It complicates a lot of things. It is hard to display plan price. What if one plan have USD and CHY and other only USD and user switched to USD view? Or you have to change per plan?

A lot of questions how this should work.

baijianpeng Can we now discuss the possibility of the former topic about "set (different) number (price) for each payment gateway"? I think this is the best solution to solve this problem:

Unfortunately it is not possible. It will not merge into Emerald 10. And emerald 10 prepared for dynamic prices. Theer is an algorythm for price creation and this price per gateway will not fit into it.

If I google I see unswer ереф PayPal supports RBM

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant& ;ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=chinese%20yuan%20paypal

May be your account which is based in china have that currency. DO you have it in your PayPal account?

baijianpeng VIP
09 Dec 2015 12:58

I checked my PayPal account and found that it is registered as a "Chinese user". Does this mean that I should see "Chinese Yuan" on the currency list of PayPal gateway? But I did not see it.

For the multi-price-field suggestion, I want to revise my idea here:

The current field "price" will be kept there intact. But, on the "Payment Gateway" tab, for each gateway, there will be an additional field named "Override Price" ,which will be used for this specific gateway in case the universal price it not proper for this gateway (like my example).

The user can leave the "override price" field empty, if he use USD as the global currency.

But for me, most of my members come from China, they WANT TO see prices in Chinese Yuan, instead of USD. So I can NOT use USD as the default currency.

Please think this issue again. Many Emerald user will not use USD as the default currency.

Sergey
10 Dec 2015 04:38

baijianpeng I checked my PayPal account and found that it is registered as a "Chinese user". Does this mean that I should see "Chinese Yuan" on the currency list of PayPal gateway? But I did not see it.

What is the currency of your PP account in PP? I mean do you see your balance in RBM or USD? Let's try it. Try to create payamnet reqest and see what currency choise you have.

baijianpeng The current field "price" will be kept there intact. But, on the "Payment Gateway" tab, for each gateway, there will be an additional field named "Override Price" ,which will be used for this specific gateway in case the universal price it not proper for this gateway (like my example).

Then there are other questions. On payment confirmation page what price we are showing in table? In order to show correct price user have to chose gateway before payment confirmation is shown. This changes whole subscription flow. Again it is not a simple change.

baijianpeng VIP
10 Dec 2015 12:20

My PayPal balance is in USD, not RMB. Because I only want to collect USD via PayPal. If someone want to pay me in RMB, I will let him use Alipay.

We can let the user choose gateway before he confirm the order. When he had choosen the proper gateway, then he will see the exact price for that gateway.

Sergey
14 Dec 2015 11:44

Unfortunately that is not possible out of the box right now. And this is not simple change. So I do not think I'll be able to implement it any time soon.

baijianpeng VIP
14 Dec 2015 12:37

OK, I can live with this. Since most users on my website come from China, they always prefer to use Alipay.

And for PayPal, I choose HongKong Dollar, which is very close to the value of RMB, and use the "tax" field to make some compensation.