baijianpeng VIP
Total posts: 239
30 Nov 2015 08:13

Though I had bought Emerald for a long time, in fact, I enabled it just less than one day. Because I had to manually add all those plans, and then manually add existing subscriptions into each plan.

Well, after I enable Emerald, I found an interesting thing about Remository restriction: It seems that Remository native rules overrides Emerald ?

Let me explain how I did it:

I set a plan in Emerald, which has restrict rules on Remository component, not all its categories, but only 3 of them.

Then I go to Remository configuration page and set "use Joomla group for resitriction".

Next, I set up some user group in Joomla user management, and named one group as "remository download".

Next, I went to Remository category manager, set those 3 category as: "who can download: remository download group".

Ok, it seems everything OK, right? Then I visit the download page of files in those 3 categories, as a guest/public visitor. I can see some warning message saying that I have no permission to download. But, that warning message is from Remository itself, not Emerald !

Then I changed the Remository category settings to "anyone can download", and Emerald rules on Remository not changed.

Now, if I visit those download pages as a guest, I can see the download button directly. If I click on it, the file begin to download! Without ANY resitriction at all !

What I expected is:

Anyone, including the guest/public, can "see" the download button, but, if click on it, those who has no permission (which can be set in Emerald and only controled by Emerald) will not see the dialog of "starting downloading", but being redirected to the "subscribe a plan" page; those who has enough permissons will see the downloading starts.

How can I set to let the Emerald take effect on Remository?

Thank you.

Last Modified: 14 Dec 2015

baijianpeng VIP
30 Nov 2015 08:16

Forgot to mention: I had installed the specific "remository rule" plugin. Used the "category restricting rule" in this plugin.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
30 Nov 2015 12:31

Have you enabled Emerald restricter system plugin?

baijianpeng VIP
01 Dec 2015 06:50

Yes, of course I had enabled ALL Emerald plugins.

I think maybe the cause is:

1. I chould choose to "use Joomla group : no" on Remository;
  2. Select EVERY category and subcategory of Remository on Emerald's rule tab.

In fact, the cause is still the "restriction does not work for subcategory if only parent category was selected".

Sergey
07 Dec 2015 14:21

So, problem is that restriction or subcategories of selected category is not working? The same issue you create separate topic?

baijianpeng VIP
07 Dec 2015 15:16

Yes, I think the cause may be the same: restriction on subcategories can not work if only the parent category is selected.

So, I think it is VERY IMPORTANT that those categories be shown in tree view when choosing categories for restriction. Otherwise, it is very difficult for me to choose those categories and subcategories, because, NOT ALL categories need to be restricted, and some subcategories have SAME names but in diffrent parent categories.

Sergey
09 Dec 2015 07:24

I made it tree view.

baijianpeng VIP
09 Dec 2015 12:48

Great news! I will test the new version soon.

baijianpeng VIP
09 Dec 2015 12:50

Well, I went to your download area a moment ago, the Remository rule plugin has not been updated.

Hope I can download the new version soon.

Thank you.

Sergey
10 Dec 2015 04:41

Yes, I'll try to upload all weekly updates today as usual on Thursday.

baijianpeng VIP
10 Dec 2015 12:39

Today I updated the Remository rule plugin and this one works great!

Now I just set the download permission to "guest" in Remository, and "use Joomla group" to "No". Then, in Emerald, I select ALL those categories I want to restrict (thank you for the tree view, it is now very easy to choose them).

Wow, now anyone can see the download button of Remository files at frontend, but after click on that button, the guest will be shown the "Plans" list !

Good! This is exactly what I expected.

Thank you.

Sergey
10 Dec 2015 16:50

Your review on JED is best expression of gratitude :)

baijianpeng VIP
12 Dec 2015 01:22

Ok, I just submitted my 99 rating on JED.

Thank you.

Sergey
14 Dec 2015 05:46

Thank yo