baijianpeng VIP
Total posts: 239
19 Nov 2015 09:16

When setting up a plan, I tried to choose the file categories (containers) of Remository to limit the downloading permission. However, the box for category selection is very small, and not extensible by mouse dragging, and those categories are shown in one same level, just a plain list. The worse is, not sorted in Alphabetical order.

I have more than 50 categories and subcategories in Remository. Can you imagine how difficult it is when I trying to find out the category I want to select?

So I have several suggestions to improve that box:

1. make the box big (high) enough, so it can show more lines at the same time , currently it is only 4 lines one time.
  2. make the box extensible by mouse dragging.
  3. show the file categories of Remository in a tree view, in the order just as they were in the Remository component.
  4. add a "filter" box above the category list box so that I can input several letters to find my category quickly.

I think these tricks can be applied to all lists that need a tree view and title filter for quick selection.

Thank you.

Last Modified: 30 Nov 2015

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
19 Nov 2015 13:38

baijianpeng 4.) add a "filter" box above the category list box so that I can input several letters to find my category quickly.

Good idea. Maybe "Chosen" select style and libary can be used. It is delivered with J! core, mainly used for backend purposes.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
19 Nov 2015 14:32

I added ascending order by name and size 15 to that element.

pepperstreet Good idea. Maybe "Chosen" select style and libary can be used. It is delivered with J! core, mainly used for backend purposes.

I could do that but cince it is loaded with ajax there might be some problems.

baijianpeng VIP
20 Nov 2015 00:44

hi, I appreciate your positive response.

Well, I forgot to mention that the category list was from Emerald itself, because I am using the "general rules" , not the Remository rule plugin.

Hope you will produce a better one soon.

Sergey
23 Nov 2015 14:56

baijianpeng Well, I forgot to mention that the category list was from Emerald itself

General rule does not create category list. Please make screenshot and show what element you mean.

baijianpeng VIP
27 Nov 2015 02:32

Well, please see attached scrrenshot (I have translated the UI to Chinese language but I think you know what is what):

restrict-rule-of-remository-component-in-emerald9

You can see that in the Category List box, there only shows 4 lines (4 categories) each time. And those categories just list one after one, I mean in a plain list instead of a hierarchy. It is very difficult to know which category is the level one, and which is the subcategory of which ?

So I suggest :

1. make this box BIGGER, so it may show 10 or 20 categories each time;
  2. make this box extensible : I can drag the bottom right corner to make it bigger, just like the Joomla editor box.
  3. show categories in a tree view to indicate the hierarchy relationship.
  4. show a "checkbox" before the title of each category so that I can check to select, and check another to make multi-selection. Because, if I use "click to select", sometimes a false click may un-select them all !

Thank you.

Sergey
30 Nov 2015 03:55

I made this box bigger 15 lines. But I cannot make it extensible. I also cannot show tree view.

Perhaps what I can do is to eneble chosen and it will add selctor with search.

baijianpeng VIP
30 Nov 2015 07:04

Ok, 15 lines is better than 4 lines.

I know you will do it better when time passes on.

Thank you.