baijianpeng VIP
Total posts: 239
17 Jun 2015 15:23

When I try to add a new subscription manually, there shows following fields on the form:

ID (read only)

Plan (dropdown list)

User (choose from popup)

Status (publish or not)

gateway ("manual" by default)

gateway ID (generated automatically)

Well, you can see that there is no field for "start date" or "end date". That means, if I had set the period for this plan as "1 year", then, if I add a new subscription MANUALLY, this user will get a whole year start from the day I added him.

This sounds good for common websites. However, I have a special situation here:

For a long time, I use the "user group restriction" of Remository to restrict downloading. I sell subscriptions on another on-line shop website (like the Ebay), then I add or remove user to or from that user group manually.

This means, at present, I already have many users , most of them have been added to the special user group before today, and their remainning subscriptions period is less than a year. Of course, each user has diffrent length of remainning period.

So I hope, when now I turned to use Emerald as my subscription management tool, I can add current members into a Plan and set his valid period manually. For example, maybe an existing user's subscription will expire 3 months later, so I just need to choose his expiration date, if you offer an "End date" field on that form of "adding a subscription manually".

Thank you.

BTW, I had tested with "Mighty Membership" on Joomla 1.5 several years ago, I remember that Mighty Membership has such a feature to allow manually select date range when adding a new subscription manually. Why you removed this good feature on Emerald ?

Last Modified: 23 Jun 2015

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
18 Jun 2015 09:10

It is when you create only. If you edit after save then you have access to those fields. Instead of save click apply and then edit those fields.

baijianpeng VIP
Total posts: 239
18 Jun 2015 14:39

Ok, I see the date range fileds after click "apply" button.

Further test: if I set a time range longer than the plan's period, there is no validation warning message.

Do you think that maybe we need a time range validation here?

Thank you.

Sergey
18 Jun 2015 15:07

baijianpeng Do you think that maybe we need a time range validation here?

I am not sure. It is manual work and it is assumed that admin knows what he is doing. It means that is time is more, most probably it is because admin whats that. May be he want to increase time for particular user.

klox7 VIP
Total posts: 914
22 Jun 2015 08:27

@baijianpeng @Sergey How do you calculate price if you have 1 year plan and you sell it only for 3 months? Do you use coupon or is there any other posibility? Like enable only for 3 months and then price is recalculated on the go...

How can I include subscription period in bill (ex. 91 days) and start date and end date in invoice?

Do we have possibility to include bill date and pay until this date? For ex. Date on bill is today and payment date is +8.

Another problem I found... I have plan for 1 year. For now if somebody wants it for 3 months I manually create subscription for him and add a coupon with 75% off. Now when I create this subscription (and I don't activate it because I activate it on payment date) I go in plan and select Start and End date. But when I click on activate subscription this start date and end date gets overidden.

Sergey
23 Jun 2015 06:41

klox7 How can I include subscription period in bill (ex. 91 days) and start date and end date in invoice?

You cannot. becuase start and end dates only set after confirmation of payment. You see payment might take up to 10 days. If you have 2 day plan, and immediate start and end assignment, subscription may already expire before user make a payment.

klox7 Do we have possibility to include bill date and pay until this date? For ex. Date on bill is today and payment date is +8.

If you use offline terminal, then just add this to email that is sent to user. But that is good feature to set autoexpiration for subscription created with offline payments and show that in bill.

Please add new feature and also include attach bill to email we discusses in another topic. Those all about offline gateway. I'll enhance it for Emerald 10.

klox7 Another problem I found... I have plan for 1 year. For now if somebody wants it for 3 months I manually create subscription for him and add a coupon with 75% off. Now when I create this subscription (and I don't activate it because I activate it on payment date) I go in plan and select Start and End date. But when I click on activate subscription this start date and end date gets overidden.

I cannot get it 1 year and 3 month. But about override. As I have mentioned already somewhere, actions are triggered when subscriber load any site page first time after activation of subscription. Setting period is also Emerald action but hidden. This means if you change dates after subscription was activated and all actions triggered, it will stay that way.

And about this one year and 3 month. Why you simply do not create 2 differnt plans one for 1 year and one for 3 month and let user to chose?

klox7 VIP
Total posts: 914
23 Jun 2015 07:22

Sergey And about this one year and 3 month. Why you simply do not create 2 differnt plans one for 1 year and one for 3 month and let user to chose?

It's not 1 year and 3 months. Plan is set as 1 year subscription plan but I need to sell it only for 3 months. I don't want to create more plans because it will be a mess in plan list. So I was thinking how to reduce this 1 year plan to 3 months. At the end I created coupon for 3 months with discount. Then I added this coupon code in bill so people will know it's only for 3 months. After payment I activate subscription and I change dates in purchased plan.

For payment date I had it like this

<?php 
$invoicedate = EmeraldHelper::getFormattedDate($this->subscr->ctime);
$invoicedate = strtotime($invoicedate);
$invoicedate = strtotime("+8 day", $invoicedate);
?>
<?php echo date('j F Y', $invoicedate);?>

but I was able to do this for invoice. I needed it for bill but I couldn't do it because there is no "bill created date". Anyway for now I just have text that after payment they will get subscription.