baijianpeng VIP
Total posts: 239
17 Jun 2015 15:06

For some special reason, sometimes maybe I want to set diffrent price for another payment gateway, though they are both for the same subscription plan.

However, on the current version of Emerald, there is only one field for "price" for a certain plan. I think you want to calculate prices based on the currency exchange rate for different payment gateways.

But now I want a price not based on the currency exchange rate -- don't worry, members will understand and accept my rules if they decide to pay with another (not prefered by me) payment gateway.

Could you please add this feature?

Last Modified: 29 Jun 2015

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
18 Jun 2015 09:07

Actualy there is no problem with pay currency and accept currency. For example you gateway account is in EUR, you list price in EUR and user who pay, have RBM debit card. That all will work just fine. I mean it is not importand what currency is in hands of buyer. It will be converted automaticaly. You do not need to create different plans with different currencies.

baijianpeng VIP
18 Jun 2015 14:33

I think you did not understand my point: I do NOT want the automatic price conversion.

For example, if USD 1 equals RMB 6, now, I set the price in RMB as 60, but I don't want USD payment as 10, I want USD payment as high as 30.

Do you understand me now?

Sergey
18 Jun 2015 15:06

Yes, but I am not sure if it will work with gateway. usualy gateway have one main currency for all your deposits.

And why should I pay 30 USD if I can pay 60 RBM? I mean for example I am a customer. If I pay in USD as twice as much only because I do not know conversion rate and simply believe provider that it is true conversion. In this case you just take an advantage of poor knowlige of people and it is called cheating. But if people know that USD price is hire they simply chose RBM price and pay with whatevery card they have even if they have USD.

To me something like you request is really looks pointless.

baijianpeng VIP
28 Jun 2015 11:45

The number "30" and "60" are only examples. The actural price will alter, but not exactly equal to the price based on exchange rate. There is some special reason. This is not cheating. The customer KNOWS he will pay a little higher if he choose PayPal method. Trust me, some of them will still choose PayPal. I told you, there is some special reasons.

Ok, we are not going to discuss on those "special reasons", that is not the key of this feature request.

I think, each payment gateway works independently, right? So, each payment method can has its own INDIVIDUAL price.

You don't need to worry about "cheating or not", I suggest you focus on the coding technique: let this feature become true, then I can set different price for different gateway.

Don't worry, customers will see those numbers and currency symbols, right? They know how much they will pay for each method.

So, I still think this is a good idea. Hope you will make it happen.

Thank you.

Sergey
29 Jun 2015 05:12

baijianpeng You don't need to worry about "cheating or not", I suggest you focus on the coding technique: let this feature become true, then I can set different price for different gateway.

I did not mean you are cheating. I am sorry if I sound that way. I was just trying to express my position.

baijianpeng I think, each payment gateway works independently, right? So, each payment method can has its own INDIVIDUAL price.

Yes. The same gateway may be configured differntly for each plan. Of different gateways. You can create Plan A PayPal = $30 and Plab A Alipay = 60 RBM

baijianpeng So, I still think this is a good idea. Hope you will make it happen.

This would involve very complex currency conversion system. For example you selected USD, then you see only PayPal and one price, you select RBM then you see only Alipay and other price.

I am not sure this is something I can implement quickly, becuae had not had anything like this im mind when developed Emerald. So the current routine and flow is not easy to adjust to this kind of operation.