baijianpeng VIP
Total posts: 239
03 May 2013 22:22

I am planning to buy Emerald 8 to manage memberships on my Joomla website.

Today I visited the download page of Emerald 8 and noticed that there is Tax beside the product price. This means I have to pay more than $75 if I click the "buy now" button.

Well, I live in a different country than the Emerald 8 developers. So, why should I pay Tax?

If this Tax is for anyone, why list it separately? Do you mean that some people don't need to pay Tax? If so, who are they?

Thanks.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
06 May 2013 01:24

Well, we pay this tax. This is how much we spend before we get payed amount. It does not matter from want country you are, for us to receive 75 you have to pay 17% extra.

Unfortunately I have to upset you even more :(

You will need to bay at least one payment gateway which is 25 without tax. So total with 17% tax Emerald and one payment gateway is 114 USD.

Also not there we do not have Emerald for Joomla 3.x yet. We are working on Emerald 9 now. And i cannot tell the date of release.

baijianpeng VIP
Total posts: 239
06 May 2013 23:53

I don't need a payment gateway, because I am going to use Offline payment method. In fact, I only use this component to manage access levels.

If you insist to require a payment gateway sale combined with this component, then, I would like to buy the "alipay payment gateway" ( http://www.alipay.com ) . Do you have one for Alipay?

It seems that Emerald 9 will be better. So, maybe I can wait a while and buy the No. 9 version directly.

Thanks.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
07 May 2013 10:14

If you insist to require a payment gateway sale

No I do not insists. I was saying that usually people ought to purchase at least one gateway. but in your case you do not need it.

If you insist to require a payment gateway sale

It seems that Emerald 9 will be better. So, maybe I can wait a while and buy the No. 9 version directly.

Everyone who purchase Emerald 8 will get Emerald 9 for free.