cryptlan VIP
Total posts: 2
20 Mar 2019 15:02

HELLO,
I have 3 Sections (STUDENTS, COURSES, GRADES):
1. STUDENTS and COURSES are related as "many to many relationship" (I can enroll students in a course and I can see the list of courses that a student has made)
2. GRADES is to be able to record the student's grade in each course he or she takes, as well as other information.
3. GRADES is "parent" and STUDENTS and COURSES are "childs".

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF I CAN DO THE FOLLOWING:
My problem is that when I add the grades to a course you only see all the GRADES's fields except the "childs" (STUDENTS and COURSES) so I can not show a list in the course of the STUDENTS with their grades. The same thing happens in STUDENTS, to see a list of the COURSES that a studente has done and the grades.

How can I do this? or is there any alternative to this?

Best regards,

Last Modified: 24 Mar 2019

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
21 Mar 2019 04:22

I see. Unfortunately you cannot limit one list on the bace of user of other list.

What I can sugegect is Emerald. Make courses an Emerald plans and set plans to user. Then you can see which user what plans have. Courses are going to be cobalt articles. Every lesson in course could be comment as Cobalt article.

cryptlan GRADES is to be able to record the student's grade in each course he or she takes, as well as other information.

Unfortunately I am not sure how to acomplish it. It is more like link description. Like Movie and Actor is the link and role actor played in this movie is a link description. This is not currently possible.

cryptlan VIP
Total posts: 2
21 Mar 2019 13:38

Hello again,
First thanks for your answer.
I will try to explain myself better:
this project is private, the students are not users. The only users of the web are the employees of the training academy.
I have attched some images, I hope you can understand what I need.

Best Regards,

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
24 Mar 2019 05:33

Do I get you right, you add grades to courses and courses to students but on a student row you want to see grade?

Unfortunately relations depth is limited to 1 to avoid recursions. And in your sace that would be the case. Another words it is not possible out of the box. You will have to make sume custom coding in custom templates.

Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
24 Mar 2019 16:03

This is possible to display grades with students on Course page, but if student is able to participage in multiple curses and in each course has different grade so it will be poblematic because with students it will display all grades related to student.

I had simillar issue but with movies and actors

I needed to relate actors with movies and tv shows, but as Cobalt is not able to tag how records are related. I created multiple relation fields with this names:

1. Movies where actor plays main role
  2. Movies where actor plays episode role
  3. TV shows where actor plays main role
  4. TV shows where actor plays episode role.

So if you have limited amount of grades and it is not important to have grades as separate section you can have this relation fields in course:

1. Studens of 1st grade
  2. Students of 2nd grade
  3. Students of 3rd grade

and so on. In this case you will be able to display each relation field as grade in course and field values will be stundes of that grade.

This will work if all courses have same type of grading like numbers or title(starter, intermedite, advanced and so on)

I hope this may help you.