justanotherguy
Total posts: 88
30 Sep 2016 22:51

New cobalt install from site today. I have installed cobalt before and never had this issue. But I have created many types but yet nothing shows up in the advanced search options? I’m very confused. Did I miss something very obvious? a

Last Modified: 04 Oct 2016

justanotherguy
30 Sep 2016 22:53

And yes I have set the types I want as searchable.

justanotherguy
30 Sep 2016 22:56

The search works when I type something in. I just dont see the dropdowns with options liked I am used to seeing?

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
01 Oct 2016 01:32

Hello justanotherguy, would you mind to give more details about your setup and configuration, please?

• That empty single frontend screenshot does not help. Could you make screenshots of 1 sample type and field parameters that should be filterable?

• It would also help to know your system, template etc.
    It might be a CSS or JS conflict. Did you inspect the page source? Does it contain any filters markup/code?

• Did you try to set "Joomla Error reporting" to Maximum? Any errors in browser console?

Thanks in advance.

justanotherguy
03 Oct 2016 19:51

Pepperstreet - I found the problem after I looked into the sample type. I had it set to searchable but inside the type I had 'Enable filter' sent to off. So they didn't show up under advance search. I didnt realize Filter and Search terms were used as the same in settings.

Thank you for the idea to re-examine the sample type.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
04 Oct 2016 03:31

justanotherguy I didnt realize Filter and Search terms were used as the same in settings.

I usualy reffer Search to text box to use fulltext search. Every field might store its values in fulltext index. So if you look for Red t-short you can even use text search, but it is not exact. SO if there is t-short by RedFox, it will also pops up.

Filters are exactly field values. If you search Red t-short in field Color you find exactly that.

justanotherguy
04 Oct 2016 16:57

Got it. On the front end since it was called Advanced search I just looked right over the word filter in the backend. Not a big deal just my over sight. I love cobalt - thank you for the great tool.