justanotherguy
Total posts: 88
24 Jun 2016 01:26

Hello all. I have a complex "newsletter" I need to build. Here is the flow.

1) database in excel with 10,000 clients that I will need to get into the system. 2) newsletter appearance to be very simple; just plain text. The goal is to make it appear that each email was typed by hand. 3) newsletter to appear as it came from a specific email address. 4) newsletter to go to only one user at a time as email will be personalized with their name and possibly 1 cell of notes specific to this client. 5) I would prefer if the webserver (php) that hosted the site sent the email. 6) only 800 emails to be sent per day as the owner of the company will be personally responding to the replies. 7) a way for the "newsletter" to pick up where it left off the previous day. For example we login and click a button it fires the first 800 and marks the records with 1 or Y to indicate it was processed. The next day we click a button and the system emails the next 800 (in this case 801-1600 and so on until the list is complete and all 10,000 emails have been sent. 8) when all 10,000 have been send we would click a button to reset all records back to N or 0. 9) a way to add a client to the list 10) a way to remove a client form the list

Any thoughts on comments. Is cobalt capable of this with or without a plugin? Is ACYMail the best option? Any guidance would much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Last Modified: 26 Jun 2016

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
24 Jun 2016 13:01

justanotherguy Is cobalt capable of this with or without a plugin? Is ACYMail the best option?

I think this is mainly a task for a professional newsletter extensions + SMTP service or a complete online service.
One reason for Acymailing: There is a Cobalt plugin.

justanotherguy
24 Jun 2016 18:58

I think this is mainly a task for a professional newsletter extensions + SMTP service or a complete online service.

Is there a professional newsletter extions you would recommend?

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
25 Jun 2016 12:47

justanotherguy Is there a professional newsletter extions you would recommend?

Not really, sorry. Just had some experiences with AcyMailing in the past. You can easily test with the free/basic version, I believe a "send interval" is even possible in the basic version. However, It might lead to problems, because sometimes your hosting/server is concerned as a "spam" sender. Please, check your hosting service and environment first!
If you need special advanced features you can upgrade Acymailing at any time. If you need to by-pass your limits, you can send mails via an external SMTP service... Please, check their thorough documentation.

As mentioned before, if you need to insert and send Cobalt record data, there is a Cobalt plugin.

It's not my daily business, but I think Acymailing can be considered a "pro" extension. Some people prefer to use a J! extensions instead of an external service like "MailChimp" etc. Probably a question of the administration tasks and level of integration.

justanotherguy
25 Jun 2016 16:05

ok great thank you. I will proceed with the free and see if I need to either upgrade or find another solution.

justanotherguy
26 Jun 2016 18:24

AcyMailing was exactally what I needed. Thanks for the direction Pepperstreet!