Tuszu VIP
Total posts: 128
08 Nov 2012 19:27

I would like to change image path to diffrent users.

For example:

I have a bulletin board. Each of user can send a new topic with item for sale and they can attach an image.

I wish every user could attach an image to a post.

But now I have only two options:

1) Select the photos from a particular directory.

2) Upload photos to the root of your photos.

The second option is very dangerous, because any user can use my photos (from the root), and photos of other users.

How can I solve my problem?

Thanks in advance.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
08 Nov 2012 19:54

Interesting topic. Thats why I added this idea for Upload Config param.

http://support.mintjoomla.com/en/cobalt-7/ideas/Uploads +field+-+folder+config+-+integration-2466.html

See screenshot of JCE options for dynamic paths.

pepperstreet VIP
08 Nov 2012 19:57

Also related to Uploads, Folder Access and permissions is my filemanager topic.

http://support.mintjoomla.com/en/cobalt-7/ideas/Integration +-+3rd+Party+filemanager+-+FILEman+-+JCE+etc.-2684.html

pepperstreet VIP
08 Nov 2012 20:00

If Uploads config should never integrate with the free image field, it would be nice to have something like JCE parameters. Or an additional USER / AUTHOR placeholder like we got in CustomSQL parameter.

Tuszu VIP
09 Nov 2012 07:06

Yep. Thanks for response and suggest other solution.

I'd like to my users can add every information only in one formular.

For example: http://tablica.pl/nowe-ogloszenie/ (polish bulletin board).

People are lazy. It's true. Even if I have a plugin or component that will have functions of separate images, I will not be able to synchronize it with the Cobalt. :S

I have completed 90% of the project. But I am forced to stop the project by this inconvenience. :(

pepperstreet VIP
09 Nov 2012 18:40

I have completed 90% of the project. But I am forced to stop the project by this inconvenience.

I am sure, that Sergey will answer here shortly. At least at monday! I bet there will be a solution or update to image/gallery/uploads features.

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
10 Nov 2012 04:36

Mateusz,

if i understand your problem correctly, then the Gallery field would do what you want.

User can upload their own pictures and no other user can see and access them after upload,

The pictures can be displayed or downloaded through your website based on your settings.

Tuszu VIP
10 Nov 2012 12:06

Thanks Sackgesicht!

Probably this solve my problem.

But do you know a solution free of charge?

The solution may have to modify the code or something else?

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
10 Nov 2012 15:34

But do you know a solution free of charge?

As of now the only way I see is to create your own field, if the image field will not satisfy you.

You can add one of the available download scripts to the existing image field. Since Joomla uses Mootools, mooupload (also used by Cobalt) would be a good choice. Studying the Cobalt code might help to implement it.

Or maybe someone is willing to develop it and upload it as a free download to the community depot on the MintJoomla page.

But then i would just make a computation, how much you value your time or how much it would cost to hire someone to do it for you. I believe it would be cheaper to invest in the gallery field than to do it on your own (considering the additional options which comes with it and the perfect integration into the Cobalt environment).

I would even encourage everyone to go with the subscription. The moment you get more involved with Cobalt, you will appreciate the power of the relate (parent/child) field. If you have a user base, the geo field might become very useful to you as well.

Date/Time field with the date range filter, uploads field to handle any sort of files and the payment fields will all come in handy when developing a site.

Not to forget the template pack with the advanced list template.

Tuszu VIP
21 Mar 2013 09:28

The best solution ever with Cobalt CCK.