clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
24 Oct 2013 15:44

hello

i have a problematic, in my homepage i have a module filter and others module

i would like when i do a research thank to filter module, others module are hidden and we only see result of search and module filter

any suggestions please ?

Thank you very much in advance for any help

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

clowride VIP
24 Oct 2013 16:06

I did a menu link for submenu and assigned module thank to that but it seems module fiter does not redirect to subcategory :(

Jeff VIP
Total posts: 745
24 Oct 2013 19:01

Is this what you mean?

Homepage

• show search module

• show other modules

Cobalt article list (search results)

• show search module

• hide other modules

Solution

Hide the other modules in the article list view

clowride VIP
25 Oct 2013 03:16

no i do not use prefiltered links

i do not know how to fix my problem, i thought to find a solution thank to advanced module manager and his "specific url assignment" but no luck

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
26 Oct 2013 21:09

Just some thoughts and weird ideas:

How to recognize Cobalt list view with NO search results? Or vice-versa?

A) isn´t there a section variable that holds the total num of records? if not a total, maybe sum-up all categories articles? Check this value >0

B) an empty list view and also empty search results output respective text messages i.e. CNORECFOUNDSEARCH, CNOARTICLESHERE. Have a look at conditions and JText at bottom in default_markup_template.php

1.) Both infos could be used to output a special module-position.

This module position includes a METAMOD (pro) module.

A metamod module can change and set other modules parameters! i.e. show/hide

2.) What about a redirect to another page plus message?

$app->redirect($link, $msg, $msgType='message');

3.) Maybe a good idea, if Cobalt could fire a special event on an empty search result?

pepperstreet VIP
27 Oct 2013 20:13

when you do a search thank to their system, there is a redirection, there is only search result, we can not see the maps, etc this is what i 'm trying to do

I think your australian example is simple J! module assignment... there is no further differentiation between "results" and "nothing found".

You mentioned you need to have different modules WITH results... and WITHOUT. That was the reason for my more complex answer and strange suggestions.

pepperstreet VIP
27 Oct 2013 20:19

when you do a search thank to their system, there is a redirection,

Since you have a certain Cobalt Section MenuItem and ID... this should also apply to searches via your separate Cobalt filter module.

(at least, that is what I would expect it to do: Redirecting to the regular section list-view)