clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
30 Dec 2012 14:42

hello please can you tell me if in current version of tabs, we can insert icon next to each tab label ?

thank you very much

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
31 Dec 2012 05:18

Not through parameters but you can do it manually in template.

Sergey
31 Dec 2012 05:52

I added icons for field groups and they are visible in tabs.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
01 Mar 2013 10:56

I added icons for field groups and they are visible in tabs.

Nice option.

**Idea for Bootstrap lovers:

Is it possible to add Bootstrap icons** and** button colors **as config parameter? Any chance to see Glyphicons / FontAwesome on Cobalt Tabs and Sliders ?

Sergey
03 Mar 2013 23:35

Idea for Bootstrap lovers:

Is it possible to add Bootstrap icons and button colors as config parameter? Any chance to see Glyphicons / FontAwesome on Cobalt Tabs and Sliders ?

Unfortunately BS icons are not usable at all in Joomla. Kyle used external icon library where icon keys do not much. Other use other libraries. It means that when you markup icon in HTML you never know if it will looks correctly in this or that Joomla template.

Sergey
05 Mar 2013 00:36

So, why not add the BS default icons, and maybe the better solution and defacto-standard "FontAwesome".

Ok once more. I cannot. Because I load BS only in none-bs based templates. Yet default bs icons will work. But what if template is BS-based? Then they may have completely different icon set. Thus I cannot guaranty correct icon show.