pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
10 Aug 2012 16:06

Related to my older ME Resources Tag Cloud topic. For Detail and comments read-on here:

GOALS / SUMMARY:

I tried to achieve a vertical and sorted tag list (e.g. Dribbble.com). Currently, i have to use the same layout for all sections. In ME Resources the output of TAG (#TOTAL) is one piece. It was impossible to put the TAG-NAME to the left and the TOTAL# to the right... or vice versa... both parts need to have CSS classes and seperate markup.

I guess, the markup was improved in COBALT. But Cobalt module lacks some important things...

REQUEST:

**1.) Ordering options: **

The current module has Relevance Mode and a Random order only. Please, could you add different ordering options:

by relevance DESC

by relevance ASC

maybe this is logically the same as:

by tag usage amount DESC

by tag usage amount ASC

by tag hits DESC

by tag hits ASC

This would make the cloud far more readable for humans!

Example of my custom modification for ME Resources module:

2.) Module parameter for Alternative Layout

This J! Advanced module parameter is missing. Please, add this to all other suitable Cobalt Modules! This allows many different layouts on one site.

Thanks for listening.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
11 Aug 2012 21:16

Scheduled.

pepperstreet VIP
14 Aug 2012 20:25

Thinking about my own customization, seems fairly easy ;-)

But I just noticed, that the tags order is always random v1.1? It changes on every page reload. Where and why does this happen?

Sergey
14 Aug 2012 20:43

In helper.php of the module there is SQL query. But it looks it is ordred by total.

pepperstreet VIP
14 Aug 2012 22:41

What exactly does this line do? It seems to happen on this point...

<?php echo JHtml::_('tags.fetch', $list, '', $section->id, $category->id, $html, $params->get('relevance_mode', 0), $params->get('item_tag_num', 0), $params->get('limit', 25), 0); ?>

After that for comparison... I just echo the raw $list var, and the array does not change the order. I can also apply my order parameter. And it works on $list.

Just the echo JHTML line is still RANDOM ?

Sergey
15 Aug 2012 01:03

tags.fetch is a /com_cobalt/library/php/html/tags.php with function fetch. And this in deed reorder everything :)

Sergey
15 Aug 2012 01:12

Я думаю сделующая версия будет другая. Она не будет использовать tags.fetch

pepperstreet VIP
15 Aug 2012 02:27

Layout question:

How do you create those tooltip infos (totalnum/hits). Does it come from your fetch function as well!? How to get rid of it? Or better, I want to change the markup in my custom alt layout. I need just spans for styling etc.

Sergey
15 Aug 2012 02:50

I think next module version will not use tags.fetch

How do you create those tooltip infos (totalnum/hits). Does it come from your fetch function as well!? How to get rid of it? Or better, I want to change the markup in my custom alt layout. I need just spans for styling etc

For that you will have to edit fetch file and look there for title=" and delete it. Then no tooltips. ANd style I think for CSS it is not difference if it is UL/LI list or list of spans.

pepperstreet VIP
15 Aug 2012 03:08

tags.php

just saw a little "typo", see class name "fliter-list":

return '<ul class="fliter-list">'.implode(' ', $li).'</ul>';return '<ul class="fliter-list">'.implode(' ', $li).'</ul>';

Sergey
15 Aug 2012 05:20

As long class="fliter-list" conform to .fliter-list in CSS it is ok :)

Can you give a loose timeframe for next release?

In fact it is ready. But we plan to release with Cobalt 8.

pepperstreet VIP
16 Aug 2012 22:58

I added the J! Alt Layout parameter for testing purposes. Works great. But Cobalt package or module updates override the tmpl folder. I guess, I should place my Alt-Layouts tmpl in the usual HTML -> Overrides folder :O :(( ._. ;-)

pepperstreet VIP
04 Oct 2012 18:48

How do i get rid of the RANDOM sorting ?

Almost have a solution for ME Resources Tag Cloud Module... but still struggling with Cobalt. Stay tuned...

pepperstreet VIP
23 Sep 2013 17:18

Still missing Tags sorting order and full templating/customization in Cobalt 8.