pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
13 Jul 2012 21:00

I am following the Cobalt downloads section via RSS Reader. I assume, that the readmore link should point to the particular item... e.g.

Field Status RSS entry has the following link:

http://www.mintjoomla.com/downloads/category-items/4-downloads/9-cobalt-7.html#comment68

Field Video RSS entry has this link:

http://www.mintjoomla.com/downloads/category-items/4-downloads/9-cobalt-7.html#comment99

But i am landing on the main Cobalt Download page.

Any clue?

BTW, I had to use the Cobalt Category... the main download page RSSfeed is empty.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
16 Jul 2012 21:02

Those are not read-more links. Those are URL field of the type. And when we create article we sometimes add links to general download list because it is easier to see what to download. Or if there are a lot of fields updated we only make link to list of fields categories.

RSS do not add red-more link at all. You can use only title as readmore link.

BTW, I had to use the Cobalt Category... the main download page RSSfeed is empty.

THat is the issue for new feature. May be records mode for RSS feed. To use section records mode or show all records.

pepperstreet VIP
17 Jul 2012 00:54

RSS do not add red-more link at all. You can use only title as readmore link.

I am shocked ;-) Never thought of such a setup or answer.

But why is there no intro text? I just see this "URL/readmore link". The feed item is marked as edited/new, but there is no info.

Example RSS title:

Module - Notifications

But the actual file is named:

**MODULE - NOTIFICATIONS - V.1.3 STABLE

I guess the last parts are a dynamic cobalt title !?! This info is not seen in RSS title, nor in the intro text. I think, some content and information should be visible.

Sergey
17 Jul 2012 05:00

I added version and tag to RSS data.

** V.1.3 STABLE ** is a template made. Not custom template. If it would be custom template like in news, then it would be in RSS too.

pepperstreet VIP
21 Jul 2012 06:19

Here is my current result in Apple Mail.** Intro is fine**, but an updated title would be even better ;-) But I understand you template approach for the title display on your site. What about using the dynamic title feature in Cobalt?

Sergey
22 Jul 2012 09:34

What about using the dynamic title feature in Cobalt?

Yes, that would produce the same result in section but would also show good title in RSS. It is just because we did not think about it when create section. And since change it and re-save all records will take some time but it is already working section we cannot do that. Even our developer is busy now with demo site.

I'll try to remember it and make changes as soon as we have chance.

Also I was thinking that Notifications are the best was to track changes.

pepperstreet VIP
23 Jul 2012 07:44

Also I was thinking that Notifications are the best was to track changes.

Its great, but it really depends...

BTW, the mintjoomla Notimoo messages hide the mainmenu. I would have to close all messages to get to my usermenu and notifications link. Is it possible to add some margin-top ?

Hidden mainmenu items:

Sergey
23 Jul 2012 08:42

Left side sounds good. I ертл left-bottom. What do you think?