pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
15 Aug 2012 15:11

(EDIT: Moved over from Cobalt 7 category!)

Just noticed the new field. Great idea.

What about adding social sharing for access. Just like the "tweet for file download..." idea. i.e.:

• Tweet 2 Access

(there are already online services that offer pay-with-a-tweet ... but i don´t like the complicated workflow. Not end-user friendly. Could it be done in Cobalt SSI only?)

• Like 2 Access
  • PinMe 2 Access (Pinterest)
  • FollowMe/BeMyFriend 2 Access

(heared of a facebook function, where you can check the follow/friend status)

Thanks for listening.

Last Modified: 23 Jan 2015

geojoomla
Total posts: 73
15 Aug 2012 17:01

@Maik Kaune

This "idea" is one bit of the old big MightyCommerce

Agree, the social networks would be great improvement.

Looking forward to having this field ready!

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
15 Aug 2012 19:32

Yes, that is good. And it is definitely on schedule. The only think now that I was thinking to build it into Cobalt. But now I think of additional fields. May be that would be much better. If I create mechanism that any field may turn off display of other fields, then it will be nice to do it as fields.

Looking forward to having this field ready!

But it will be ready only with Cobalt 8 because it will require slight changed in Cobalt core. And since Cobalt 7 is stable, we do not want change anything there not to lose stable stage.

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
15 Aug 2012 20:14

If I create mechanism that any field may turn off display of other fields

YES !!!!!!

Sergey
15 Aug 2012 21:10

He said IF, not WHEN ;-)

It looks like I already have no choice after your excitement :)

geojoomla
16 Aug 2012 06:59

Ok, understood that this field needs to wait for Cobalt8, any idea when available (approximately)?

geojoomla
18 Aug 2012 03:50

Before giving up, and waiting for Cobalt8, just thinking, would it be an easier solution to integrate faster a points/credits/tokens system, like alphapoints or joom credits

Sergey
18 Aug 2012 09:21

Before giving up, and waiting for Cobalt8, just thinking, would it be an easier solution to integrate faster a points/credits/tokens system, like alphapoints or joom credits

Also explained why it can be done only in Cobalt 8.

Sergey
03 Sep 2012 23:12

Question. If I like one article does that means that I can access all like protected article?

Because your like is not for article, right. You cannot like something before you access it. You like is for site in general. You give it once and get access to all like protected articles?

Sergey
05 Sep 2012 00:43

This is the question. Because it is strange to like article before you read it. It mean you like whole site or facebook page. But if you like that, then you do it only once.

geojoomla
05 Sep 2012 06:57

Not sure if possible: - user gets access to first article via different way (subscription, tweet etc) - once he reads it, the "like" button is accessible - if he "likes" his first article, then he can get access to another (or get points/tokens etc)

Technically a "like" becomes like an added point, available for later use.

Just thinking...

pepperstreet VIP
18 Mar 2013 05:27

FYI, there is an online service to create different social links and access ;-)

http://www.paywithatweet.com

Not sure, if there is any drawback or hidden tracking etc. Please, read the terms and services!

Sergey
18 Mar 2013 06:01

This is not the issue to add social buttons. It is not hard. The problem is to add social buttons per comment.

pepperstreet VIP
08 May 2013 22:54

Question. If I like one article does that means that I can access all like protected article?

Maybe this can be optional. Like/Tweet/Pin 1 article, 1 category, or 1 type ... maybe even connected with a subscription from Emerald9? If you spread the word, grant a subscription plan.

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
08 May 2013 23:06

@pepperstreet

Thanks for bringing this topic up again ...

Especially for the early part of this topic -->

Yes, that is good. And it is definitely on schedule. The only think now that I was thinking to build it into Cobalt. But now I think of additional fields. May be that would be much better. If I create mechanism that any field may turn off display of other fields, then it will be nice to do it as fields.

But it will be ready only with Cobalt 8 because it will require slight changed in Cobalt core. And since Cobalt 7 is stable, we do not want change anything there not to lose stable stage.

pepperstreet VIP
08 May 2013 23:10

No idea :) We never usually use calendar system. Because we often fail of circumstances we cannot control. So we try out best but no date is known :)

"A developer is never late, dear client.

Nor is he early.

He delivers precisely when he means to"

Loose citation of "Gandalf the grey / Lord of the Rings" ;) :D