pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
06 Jun 2012 03:19

Since the Joomfish situation is not very clear and Joomla core feature is getting popular, i suggest to support the (commercial) multilanguage content manager "Josetta".

It streamlines the core translation feature, and I tend to say that this is what we have to use in the near future. It also includes Joomfish migration tools! "Josetta" seems to be the missing workflow tool (like "ACLmanager.net" is for core ACL). It is extendable via plugins, and there is a free documentation.

JED page

Homepage

How to make a Josetta plugin

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
08 Jun 2012 07:00

Scheduled for Cobalt 8. Because I am sure it will require some changes on the level of Cobalt.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
09 Jun 2012 06:57

Not really. We had what Joomla have how in resources also. It is language field. And we may even be more flexible. We not only can show articles in current language but also articles in all languages.

Because in some sections like Forum there have to be all articles no matter wat is the interface language. Because it may be even that there was German language of Joomla selected but articleк entered in English.

In some sections it is different. usually in sections managed by site owner you have o show only records in current language.

What I mean we already have our language behavior long time and we wil need to think how to integrate it with Joomla. May be it will be easy, but who knows, what if it will be more complicated than we expect.