pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
05 Jun 2012 03:39

Hello,

call me nuts or dumb, but why are there section and category titles in non-SEF URLs ?

Examples:

User homepage:

index.php?option=com_cobalt&view=records§ion_id=1:section-one-title&user_id=43:user1&Itemid=480

Catgeory Index:

index.php?option=com_cobalt&view=records§ion_id=1:section-one-title&cat_id=2:category-1&Itemid=480

Category module:

index.php?option=com_cobalt&view=records§ion_id=1:section-one-title&cat_id=2:category-1&Itemid=480

Makes no sense to me. Shouldn't they contain plain IDs?

Use-case: If you want to create and use those URLs with other extensions... maybe build dynamic links... etc. Any name changes would destroy all links.

Same applies to UserName !? If I build a URL with CustomSQL parameter and [USERID]... and the username changes... the link is invalid.

Article fullview link:

index.php?option=com_cobalt&view=record&user_id=43:user1&cat_id=2:category-1&id=13:test-by-user-one&Itemid=480

Please, correct me, if this is a "feature" i don`t understand.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

05 Jun 2012 04:08

Use-case: If you want to create and use those URLs with other extensions... maybe build dynamic links... etc.

The links can be used without sef aliases. They do work with plain ids.

Use-case: If you want to create and use those URLs with other extensions... maybe build dynamic links... etc.

Same applies to UserName !? If I build a URL with CustomSQL parameter and [USERID]... and the username changes... the link is invalid.

You can create links with plain ids.

05 Jun 2012 05:40

I am still curious WHY do they appear in the non-SEF URLs at all ?!? They were done like that. It helps avoid additional queries to the database about what aliases should have section or article.

06 Jun 2012 01:23

Recently I talked to JoomAce / AceSEF support. Because they supported ME Resources with an AceSEF extension. Did some advertizing for Cobalt ;-) Does Cobalt work with AceSEF or might it have problems because of your Aliasses in URLs?

Unfortunately I dont have access to the latest version of the AceSEF and dont have opportunity to check it.

If you know something about it please write.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
09 Jun 2012 07:16

Does Cobalt work with AceSEF or might it have problems because of your Aliasses in URLs?

It will even mate it simpler for them. They do not need to run queries to DB to get all aliases. They just parse URL query string.

The problem with SEF is that the moment you turn it ON it increate number of queries to DB 20%. SO we added this to urls that in our router.php we only parce strings. No queries to DB. In resources SEF should not affect speed. Because speed is our greatest concern.

I know it has some disadvantages like you mentioned. You change article Title and URL is changed. Not exactly because in URL we use alias and alias is not changes when title is changes. SO you have to explicitly change alias. But this problem is solved easy. Just do not change aliases :) It is much easier that to solve server overload problem like we had with Resources on some sites.

clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
09 Jun 2012 14:31

ok but whitout sef maybe, there might have some seo problems http://www. ******.com/index.php/component/cobalt/item/4-********/6-**************?Itemid=101

Currently non sef, url is not seo optimized

regards

Xtream VIP
Total posts: 129
01 Nov 2012 16:31

Hello Maik.

Have you any news from AceSEF about their support for Cobalt?