pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
24 Apr 2012 14:21

I know... this is a first release, but it is a non-free module and we all know Resources Content-List, right ;-) To be honest, Records module parameters are very limited and basic. Only sorting orders !?

Missing basic stuff like:

• sort by featured first

Missing **time/date related **stuff like:

• show featured only

• show future articles (include or only)

• show expired articles (include or only)

• timeframe or period (i.e. articles from NOW til X-hours / days / weeks / months / quarter / years)

Missing contexts like:

• items created by current article author (in full view context)

• items in current section/category (auto-category mode)

Just a quick summary... more to come.

Thanks for listening.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
24 Apr 2012 21:31

Noted.

pepperstreet VIP
06 Jul 2012 23:10

Just bumping my own topic. So, you are going to get a quick reminder ;-)

Sergey
07 Jul 2012 08:00

Scheduled for Cobalt 8

Sergey
15 Nov 2012 02:14

items created by current article author (in full view context)

Is it possible to do with field?

pepperstreet VIP
05 Feb 2013 00:48

One reason to use the "module" is to publish and display it in any context. Not necessarily in full-view. Also lists, or none Cobalt pages etc. That makes it very important to have standard parameters, that can filter all basic properties.

Bumping my own topic. I still have mixed feelings about the available module options and parameters. I am aware of your focus on C8, but to be honest, C7 seems even not finished / finalized.

Sergey
05 Feb 2013 04:31

C7 seems even not finished / finalized.

As much as Cobalt 8. When we release Cobalt 9 you will have the same feelings for Cobalt 8. :)

pepperstreet VIP
06 Feb 2013 07:13

I know and I am not laughing at you. I just do not want to sound rude or strict. I just want to sound polite.

NP. I know what you wanted to say/explain ;-)

Honestly, I am not amused about the current situation. Its like sitting between 2 seats. :O :S

J25 + C7, J30 + C8 ... sure, both have advantages and disadvantages. J25 is major, stable, good supported and LTS. C7 is stable but is unfortunately feature-freezed... IMHO, C8 new features should have gone into C7 as well. There is nothing fancy in technique and framework (AFAIK), that justifies a C8 version only. Espeacially for an interim system like J!3 (first release). "Wow, we are the first responsive CMS backend on the market..." Do I have to admire this fact?! I think not.

In general, J!3 did not re-invent the wheel. I mean, in framework and features. C8 itself is still CP/beta, no matter what you call it, it will also get many updates and fixes...

and all this should last the next 6 - 10 months ... even if C8 gets very stable or even complete, there is also a long J!-System update road to 3.5 LTS! that is not predictable at all.

Sorry, but that is far away from a reliable situation. On which combination should one build a project. How to sell, recomment and promise my work and decisions to a client? I could cry and scream at the same time.

(sorry for moaning and whining, but its simply the truth and the actual situation)

Sergey
06 Feb 2013 07:53

It depends how you look at it.

Joomla 3.0 is Joomla series 3. It means that 3.0 or 3.1 or 3.5 is all the same series. And of course they will not support 3.0 long. It is like for example I stop to support 7.5685 after i released 7.6584. That is just sound judgement. But they stop development when reach version 3.5. It is like I say when I reach 7.121212 I stop development. But that does not mean that version lower than this one a not worth to use.

Look Joomla 3.0 is the same Joomla 3.5. They just have different version count. You start use Joomla 3.0 you do not have any problem to update up to Joomla 3.5 and Cobalt 9 (code name running cookie).

It does not matter that 2.5 is LTS. If you start project you MUST start it with Joomla 3.0 even if not to take Cobalt in account.

pepperstreet VIP
06 Feb 2013 21:29

If you start project you MUST start it with Joomla 3.0 even if not to take Cobalt in account.

Thats exactly the question. Is it really a MUST. I don't think so, for serveral reasons.

pepperstreet VIP
23 Oct 2013 18:08

sort by featured first

Missing time/date related stuff like:

timeframe or period (i.e. articles from NOW til X-hours / days / weeks / months / quarter / years)

1.) Does Section parameter "Featured first" apply in Module listings?

Or do I have to select "Featured only" in module parameters? That means i can't have a mixed listing with normal article + featured on top, right?

2.) Timeframe or Period is still missing. (Even in Cobalt8!)

This is an important parameter setting that allows to create an "Up-coming Articles" module.

Otherwise it is impossible to show the next "article" based on future dates! e.g. Events List

(PS: currently searching my Resources topic and screenshots for my modified Content-List Module)

Sergey
24 Oct 2013 00:47

2.) Timeframe or Period is still missing. (Even in Cobalt8!)

There is only future articles in Cobalt 8 module.

pepperstreet VIP
08 Nov 2013 09:44

Bumping my own topic. I still have mixed feelings about the available module options and parameters. I am aware of your focus on C8, but to be honest, C7 seems even not finished / finalized.

No one else using C7 - Records Module? The basic features I see in C8 are still missing.