pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
06 Dec 2012 17:49

Hello,

is it possible to sell a limited amount of items (actually one article). Is there any simple stock management, that allows to display and offer a max amount of purchases? If no item is left, show a hint or mark it as unavailable...

sample usecases: - event tickets - seats - workshop classes

In addition to a purchase/reservation... it might be useful to list the buyers (to admin/seller/certain usergroup).

Thanks for listening.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
06 Dec 2012 19:36

Right now it is not possible but we plan to release BuyNow field for tangible products. There will и stok management.

In addition to a purchase/reservation... it might be useful to list the buyers (to admin/seller/certain usergroup).

List buyers? :) This is good idea. I think very good for event type product. To see everyone who is gonna attend this event.

Sergey
07 Dec 2012 03:38

The only thing missing: Limits and hints.

Hits of what?

pepperstreet VIP
07 Dec 2012 13:00

What about "Pay Voucher"... seems to be different to the older ME Resources field, where I could enter a certain amount of "pin-codes". How does Cobalt field version work? Can´t see any Voucher ID# or input. Is it automatically generated and hidden?! Any chance to enter custom codes or even limits?

Sergey
08 Dec 2012 20:40

You enter it on article creation.

Sergey
09 Dec 2012 21:29

All that is there. Show how many in stock and message when finished.

I also see a backend parameter, that allows 1 voucher per user. Could it have a limit to buy?

This is what it means. Can user buy it only once. FOr example we sell iTunes gift cards. THen user may buy as many as he wants. One today and another in a week. Or we sell personal registration number to attend web meting. Then user may purchase only one number.

I also see a backend parameter, that allows 1 voucher per user. Could it have a limit to buy?

This frontend parameter entry is really strange and confusing

Why? To me it is obvious that you have to load serials number during article submission. For example you create 3 products 10USD iTUnes gift card, 25USD and 50USD. And it is obvious to me that it would be nightmare to create new article for every number. SO we keep list of the numbers that provide the same value. Then user who purchase it get it and it is subtracted from article.

You may add description to the field which will appear on the form with full description what to do here for your users.

pepperstreet VIP
10 Dec 2012 04:28

Or we sell personal registration number to attend web meting. Then user may purchase only one number.

Leads me to another idea for CB integration! There is a new CB DBlookup plugin. It can be used to verify given numbers and check if the user input was equal to a value in the DB.

Maybe interesting to use/supply this CB numbers?!

Or we sell personal registration number to attend web meting. Then user may purchase only one number.

Why? To me it is obvious that you have to load serials number during article submission.

Still not a friend of the frontend-editing-only mode. Honestly, i hate it ;-) If you create and setup a lot of fields parameters in the background... you tend to search this crucial parameter as well. Frontend submission is for me submitting content! Not configure and setup actual parameters.

Sergey
10 Dec 2012 10:23

Not configure and setup actual parameters

It is not a parameter. What if you enter numbers in backend on field setup? Then no sence to create more than 2 articles because very article will have ероу same set of numbers. There have to be different set of numbers for very article.

Also imagine other people what to sell numbers from this site? This is way they do it.

It is like paytodownload filed. You upload files on article creation. Would be silly to add download files in field setup in backend.