pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
04 Oct 2012 19:19

Is it possible to filter by multiple tags? Currently only one tag is possible. What about an option to ADD and keep filters by tag?

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
04 Oct 2012 22:21

When you use advanced fileters you can chose multi tags.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
07 Oct 2012 06:28

This is UX dilema. Imagine you have already one tag selected as a filter. Now you click another one.

Now we have to decide what use wants. Right? If he wants add tag to search or replace.

What I think, that if every tag would create separate filter warning box, we could definitely add. Because if adding tag is not what user want he can easily delete old one.

But since it is group and deletion is one button it is hard to solve. You have to navigate t multi tag filter pan and unset one tag. Not everyone can guess this. So default behaviour just simulate tag cloud clicks style.

What do you think?

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
07 Oct 2012 07:50

I will investiagte and try this more in detail. Could be asolution for both user experiences: One task to solve: Displaying the adv. search in a module position (like i could do it with a tag cloud)

Is there a solution for a Search and filter module soon?

This is UX dilema...

Exactly. Personally, I tend to expect an add feature. (if I see a tag list or cloud). On the other hand, common usage of tags is a very rough grouping, beyond all other given field values. So, it might be easier to leave it as is. And try to mimic the tagging with an extra field and auto-complete...

just thinking loud...