pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
20 Aug 2012 13:45

Hello, just had a little conversation on LinkedIN. Since there is no import/export tool, yet... What is best practice to import contact and address data into Cobalt geo field?

What about an article in Knowledge section ?

Thanks for listening.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Tags Cobalt 9

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
20 Aug 2012 22:09

This is not simple import in geo field. It is import in to Cobalt itself. YOu have to create structure, fields, ... I do not think it is simple tutorial and even that it is possible unless global I/E section in Cobalt 8. :)

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
21 Aug 2012 03:37

Yes, I am aware of the different structure, though i did not have a deeper look into the DB. You mean. the field combines different and multiple data. Thats why I think, users might be interested in a detailed field description and maybe a tutorial, how to deal with it.

BTW, ME Resources has a nice feature. It supported single fields as data source. Would you mind to add this feature in Cobalt again?

Sergey
21 Aug 2012 19:36

BTW, ME Resources has a nice feature. It supported single fields as data source. Would you mind to add this feature in Cobalt again?

Not now at least. It will complicate some things. We'd better add city filter to current field.

Sergey
22 Aug 2012 04:41

You mean, its possible to filter by city directly? Sounds good.

Yes it is. There is such a filter right no but you have to select country first.

You mean, its possible to filter by city directly? Sounds good.

Another complaint is... If I have entries in 1 country only, why should I filter for this country ;-)

make sense

Sergey
22 Aug 2012 06:12

Another complaint is... If I have entries in 1 country only, why should I filter for this country ;-) Same applies for a city.

Added to next version.

Another complaint is... If I have entries in 1 country only, why should I filter for this country ;-) Same applies for a city.

I just need the ZIP or Street or map to narrow my search.

Only country, state and city are in filters. No street and ZIP. May be it make sense but SQL folding to deep. i have to select list of streets in the city in the state in the country. Even "in the" is a subquery.