pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
18 Oct 2013 18:43

Hello, just noticed a strange error with uploads. First I thought it was a local issue with write permissions... but I can see the same behavior on MintJoomla DEMO site!?

• the file selection and start-upload seems to work...
  • progress bar is running
  • filesize and "uploaded" are displayed
  • Save or Apply button results in alert message and red validation message "Field Pictures is required"
  • all added files are removed from list!

What is going on?

I noticed the same issue for Pack "Downloads" and its extension upload field.

screenshots from Mintjoomla DEMO - gallery

After start upload:

After Save / Apply:

Related links: - Cobalt Gallery Demo - MooUpload (by Juan Lago) - HTML5 Browser Test & Comparison

Last Modified: 20 May 2020

Konstantin
Total posts: 1,113
22 Oct 2013 00:00

I checked uploading on Mintjoomla DEMO - gallery and all works fine.

pepperstreet VIP
22 Oct 2013 13:50

I tested different browsers. Mixed and also older versions like: - FF 16 (latest version for OSX 10.5.x) - CHROME 21 - SAFARI 5

Safari5 doesn`t support every HTML5 feature, i.e. FileAPI. Maybe this is the reason for MooUpload to switch to SWF/Flash upload method?!

So my initial post and screenshot is for SWF upload!

I think, SWF upload should work fine, except for the edit filename and description? I can´t see those edit icons in SAFARI5. The upload process seems to work... i just can´t finish the article save opearation. As soon as i hit SAVE/APPLY the error message "required" shows-up, and the file listing is cleared!

pepperstreet VIP
22 Oct 2013 13:58

FF and CHROME do work.

Also tested SAFARI v5 SWF-method on original developer's demo. That demo also shows the progress bar and the files are marked "uploaded" in listing. Unfortunately that doesn´t help to narrow down the Cobalt demo issue. The Cobalt article saving and the "required" option is a special thing.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
23 Oct 2013 00:53

We will totally redo upload from Mootools to jQuery. I hope all issues will be fixed then,

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
23 Oct 2013 05:12

We will totally redo upload from Mootools to jQuery. I hope all issues will be fixed then,

Please dont forget to include the "is_default" column and an option to set the default file ..

Thanks

pepperstreet VIP
23 Oct 2013 11:10

FYI - apart from C8 / SWF method / Safari 5 ...

I also tested C7 and J25. A template with bootstrap, jquery seems to collide with MooUpload. The upload button does absolutely nothing.

pepperstreet VIP
18 Jan 2014 09:06

1.) Any news on the jQuery re-write? Suggestions:

Blueimp - jQuery-File-Upload

PLupload (as far as I know, used and preferred in Drupal and K2)

2.) Recently tested with Safari 5.1.10 (6534.59.10) (latest version for MacOSX Snow Leopard)

Same issue as mentioned previously. Upload seems to be o.k., but after hitting save the list is empty and the error message "gallery field is required" appears. Safari 5.1+ supports HTML4 and 5 upload methods. I tested with PLupload and others. So, this seems to be an issue with Cobalt field and flash/html detection?!

Sergey
19 Jan 2014 22:44
  1. We will surely use jQuery File Upload. Because tit is library without interface unlike other uploaders. And we have so many features like add description, change title, and make default in future that any out-of-the-box component will not fit. We will have to develop UI ourselves and Blueimp - jQuery-File-Upload is right what we need.

2. I made test in safari

http://demo.mintjoomla.com/en/gallery/items/2-gallery.html

You can see it in demo site. It works on my side.

pepperstreet VIP
21 Jan 2014 19:05

Tried v 6.1.x yesterday. Upload of smaller images o.k. But a 3mb file did not upload at all. Although 4mb seems to be allowed in the demo. The progress bar shows 75%, the file status is 100%. Nothing happens. Waited a very long time, no success.

Konstantin
21 Jan 2014 22:14

Have you any errors in console?

pepperstreet VIP
22 Jan 2014 16:57

Have you any errors in console?

Regarding the 3mb file upload issue… yes, there is the following error after 100% upload status.

Safari 6.1.x (latest Version for OSX 10.7 Lion)

[Error] TypeError: 'null' is not an object (evaluating 'response.error')

(anonyme Funktion) (MooUpload.js, line 1158)

(anonyme Funktion)

(anonyme Funktion) (mootools-core.js, line 42)

forEach

(anonyme Funktion) (mootools-core.js, line 5)

each (mootools-core.js, line 9)

fireEvent (mootools-core.js, line 42)

(anonyme Funktion) (mootools-core.js, line 38)

onSuccess (mootools-core.js, line 160)

success (mootools-core.js, line 160)

onStateChange (mootools-core.js, line 159)

(anonyme Funktion)

screenshot:

Sergey
23 Jan 2014 07:04

You need to check network requests during upload and see latest one.

pepperstreet VIP
23 Jan 2014 12:29

You need to check network requests during upload and see latest one.

Same issue with Google Chrome and another smaller file (2.7mb)

Sergey
23 Jan 2014 22:45

You have to click on last post request that is red and see what is response. Now I suspect that this is file permission issue. It cannot move uploaded file from tem upload directory to uploads folder.

justanotherguy
Total posts: 88
27 Mar 2014 19:00

Sergey We will totally redo upload from Mootools to jQuery. I hope all issues will be fixed then,

Will the audio upload be re-done too?

Sergey
28 Mar 2014 07:29

justanotherguy

Sergey We will totally redo upload from Mootools to jQuery. I hope all issues will be fixed then,

Will the audio upload be re-done too?

Yes. We will create another upload component and replace it in all fields with uploads. Those are uploads, audio, video, gallery, paytodownload.

justanotherguy
Total posts: 88
07 Apr 2014 21:43

Great did you have a timeline that the new uploaders will be done in jQuery?

Sergey
08 Apr 2014 07:32

Not yet.

Konstantin
08 Apr 2014 08:19

Autostart upload added.