pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
24 Sep 2013 10:41

(Re-Creation and Update of my related C7 topic, and ME Resources topic!)

GOALS / SUMMARY:

I tried to achieve a vertical and sorted tag list (e.g. Dribbble.com). Currently, i have to use the same layout for all sections. In ME Resources the output of TAG (#TOTAL) is one piece. It was impossible to put the TAG-NAME to the left and the TOTAL# to the right... or vice versa... both parts need to have CSS classes and seperate markup.

I guess, the markup was improved in COBALT. But Cobalt module lacks some important things...

REQUEST:

**1.) Sorting - Ordering options: **

The current module has Relevance Mode and a Random order only. Please, could you add different ordering options:

by relevance DESC

by relevance ASC

maybe this is logically the same as:

by tag usage amount DESC

by tag usage amount ASC

by tag hits DESC

by tag hits ASC

This would make the cloud far more readable for humans!

Example of my custom modification for ME Resources module:

2.) Templates:

a.) Module parameter for Alternative Layout - doubled?

Cobalt 8 module has J! Advanced module parameter. But there is also another "Template" parameter and select box. Which offers the same selection!? I think this is obsolete.

b.) Templating and data array

The Tag module still lacks a complete templating. At least hits and count are available in the $list array. But there is still the "$tag -> html"... which seems to include everything from name, URL and tooltip etc. Shouldn´t it be possible to access every single part of a tag in the template? Currently the "html" part is build beforehand.

Apart from markup and visual styling, this might also have an impact on more sorting options.

c.) HTML-tags logic and assignment?

Not checked in detail... Does it still use the old ME Resources logic to assign, repeat and shuffle the HTML-tags? (see my comments and description over here). The HTML-tags or Classes should represent the weight/importance. Since HTML-tags are limited, it makes not much sense in a bigger amount of displayed tags (at least if they simply repeat and occur multiple times). Some thoughts: Classes and numbers could be endless. Or limited by total number of displayed tags. Or use Hits/Count for numbered classes... etc.

Thanks for listening.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
25 Sep 2013 06:43

Ok

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
29 Oct 2013 12:43

Any news in this? Did something change?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748