pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
12 Sep 2013 18:30

Most people know link extensions for popular Joomla editors. i.e.

The drawback, they are specific for each editor. Each developer has to be asked to provide and maintain the special plugin. 3rd-party developers have to create one. If some people prefer another editor or switch to another one, they loose the linker add-on.

So my suggestion is to provide an Editor XTD button plugin. This is going to run in every editor of your choice, even without one ;-)

(if you have installed misc extensions, you may have noticed those type of buttons right under your editor window!)

Other extensions with XTD buttons: - J! core buttons for article and image links - NoNumber.nl misc extensions - DOCman (file and category links) - FILEman (files, folders, menuitems) - MagicWindow by JoomDuck.com - JCal Pro Events Calendar (link and content of event, custom ItemID) - etc.

Benefit:

Often blogs and news articles are written in J! core or a specific blog extension. An XTD button allows quick links to a new Cobalt directory item, event or forum post. Also Cobalt-2-Cobalt linking in Cobalt HTML field is possible. In general, easy internal linking to any Cobalt article or list... for none-techies!

Thanks for listening.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
15 Sep 2013 03:18

I was thinking of this. But never had a time to make one of those.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
31 Jan 2014 18:29

Any news?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
02 Feb 2014 23:21

No news yet. Too many things to do.