Hello, i just had an idea for a certain use case and page display. My first thought was Parent/Child articles... but maybe this is not the only solution!? Here is my rough idea and some features:
- Project (different users submit proposals/articles for this project)
- Project timer allows to add proposals in a certain timeframe only
- Project Owner can comment and rate each proposal.
- Project Owner can choose favorites.
- Project Owner can choose winner (top-favorite?)
- Users can comment their own article.
- Users see only own and project owners comments
- Mention feature: mention articles(childs) of the current project. Maybe mention username would work as well... but then it should link or filter for the user's submissions in the current project!
Benefit: Projects can be submitted into respective SubCategories. Categories can be filtered and searched easily for certain project types.
1.) How to do a time restriction for submissions?
1.1) Selectable fixed timeframes i.e. 3days, 1week, 2weeks, 1month etc.
2.) How to create a "winner". Favorite or Status field?
3.) Comment feature? Can it be configured like in my first feature list?
4.) Performance: Is there any difference in comment systems? Is Cobalt build-in faster? Faster than Cobalt types as comments?
- Would like to have a mention feature. Currently, this is possible for usernames only. And in text-area field only. Any chance for Cobalt comments?
6.) Mention article by number/ID. The proposal-article would need an internal number per project. first submission #1, second #2, third #3 etc. How to do that?
7.) Proposal limit: Let Owner change and set a proposal limit?
8.) Participants - Module. Who has made a proposal with Avatar.
9.) Watermarks on images. (maybe optional for each proposal)
Any thoughts are much appreciated.
Please, try to keep any replies under the respective Comment. This thread is going to be very long and cluttered.
Added some new points and features 1.1, 7, 8, 9
Please comment with respective # in Comments.